Post by smash » 19 Feb 2007 23:47

It IS SWEEPS NOW!

Sweeps: November, February, May.

Why has Batterstar become teh suck?

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 20 Feb 2007 04:17

Oh

Maybe it'll be better out of sweeps?

I know I predicted it would die, but I didn't mean right now.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 21 Feb 2007 02:44

Ya man, these last couple of episodes couldn't be more filler if they tried. :(

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 21 Feb 2007 03:46

WHERE THE HELL IS BALTAR GODDAMMIT?!?

smash

Post by smash » 21 Feb 2007 21:54

Get a room!

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 06 Mar 2007 13:44

I think the biggest mistake that could possibly happen at this point is if that lever got pulled.

smash

Post by smash » 06 Mar 2007 19:09

Seriously wrote:I think the biggest mistake that could possibly happen at this point is if that lever got pulled.
It's much worse than that. A) We've seen this before, like in season one (when Kara crashed on a planet). B) We've seen this before like in season two (when Adama was suicidal). C) Where the hell are they going with this? Writing her off? Having her find some special thing buried on the planet? (that would be: "We've seen this before like the final episodes of season two).

Bah.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 06 Mar 2007 21:11

You can't kill off a contract.

I am personally at least hoping she gets fit with a strobing light.

Mainly I'm hoping they do something new vis-à-vis what is going on with the imaginary friends (6 and Baltar's, not Adama's) that are ostensibly angels of God(s).

I'm ready for them to go ahead and take off the ancient-artifact-and-prophesy-training wheels on the religious spiritual hocus-pocus vehicle and go somewhere neat.

I say have her wake up in a vat...or wake up dead.

EDIT:

Also...Socrata?

What's her dad's name, Plate?

Confucio? Aristotar? Thaleser? Zarathustron? Zenon? Archimedier? Buddhar? Leucippiana?

Zhu Xianara?

Descara?

Wiredur?

Ibn Sab'inan?

Pascalon?

Ramanujandar?

Sun Yat-Seni?

Kanto?

Shahab al-Din Yahya as-Suhrawardion?

Orukana?

Nimbarkana? (actually...maybe)

Nietzschon? Mahavirara? Marxata? Kierkeglon? Voltaron? Hobbese? Sartrelion? Wittgenstienar? Diopses? Machiavella? Karengar? Avicennani?

Schopenhaueronar?

Don't be Lost, BSG.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 06 Mar 2007 23:13

Seriously wrote:Don't be Lost, BSG.

ya rly. :|

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 07 Mar 2007 03:03

smash wrote:
Seriously wrote:I think the biggest mistake that could possibly happen at this point is if that lever got pulled.
It's much worse than that. A) We've seen this before, like in season one (when Kara crashed on a planet). B) We've seen this before like in season two (when Adama was suicidal). C) Where the hell are they going with this? Writing her off? Having her find some special thing buried on the planet? (that would be: "We've seen this before like the final episodes of season two).

Bah.
Yeh, the repetition is really doing my head in, I've really not enjoyed the last 3 episodes and thank god Baltar's trial looks to be next week, that can't come soon enough.

The whole daydream, hallucinatory aspect of the show was good back when it only happened once in a while (and only with Baltar) in a kind of teasing manner. Now it seems every other crew member is having a flashback, or a daydream of some sort, simply adding pictures to backstory we already got the jist of in the first season when the characters were established. It seems like they only have enough content for 13 or so episodes and have to space it out to make up the 22 episodes schedule.

They should just go back to the short season format or get some better filler writers.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 12 Mar 2007 13:46

Could that lawyer be anymore quirky?

I wonder, does he have a thing for wattles?

Does he say offensive or insensitive things and then dismisses them as bygones? Or speak with dead singers? Does he hear bells before he goes into court?

My favoritest part is all the effort that goes into trying to kill Baltar...

...'s legally provided-for representation.

Baltar will be executed as long as we can keep him from getting a defense attorney!!

The only way I'd buy that is if Baltar had somehow been staging the bombings himself in order to buy himself a mistrial and/or more time for the inevitable deux ex machina.

I believe I have noticed a pattern, and that pattern is named Michael Angeli.

On the plus side:

So far they've managed to not miraculously save any dead pilots. Keep it up!

That first scene with Anders was good.

When Lee made his Freud(ata)ian slip I cringed from an almost physical pain, so it was either well acted, or done very, very badly. I can't tell.

I laughed at the card.

Tigh and 6 battle to the death!...in the next episode.

6 has the edge on physical strength and the swimsuit portion of the competition but Tigh could outgruff her, outdrink her and write better poetry.

EDIT:

Also: score one for Sci-fi for putting up their first good bonus scene. If they keep this up the gimmick might stop being abysmally stupid.

I want screencaps of Grace Park pointing a gun at Cally (EDIT UPON EDIT: found one, looking for a better one) so I can make it into my new signature, because

A) Grace Park is pretty.

B) I don't like Cally so much as I like the thought of Cally dying.

But not by Athena's hand, that's way too pat. She can threaten Cally all she likes though, maybe slap her around some like her sister's ex-boyfriend did, though then Cally would probably fall in love with her.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 19 Mar 2007 11:38

How long do you have to live?

That even scared me, I loved it.

But, spoiler-

(probably)

spoilerrrrrrrrrrrr

horrible

horrible

(potential)

spoilerz

Do you know Heroes? The show?

"Are you on the list?"

Well, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

EDIT:

God fucking damnit.

I spent half a damn hour crawling through the source code looking for the hexidecimal code for the fucking background.

Well whatever, those things are posted in bright-ass red.

E-E-E-EDIT:Nevermind

I won't post them at all.

Ha, ha

Even though you don't care.

LOUD NOISES I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT

moralfixation

Post by moralfixation » 22 Mar 2007 14:03

I've loved season three. The pianostar looked frakking magnificient. Baltar threesomes were awesome. I'm more inclined to believe that Starbuck is actually dead. All of the real world news about her not signing on for season 4...of course, if we knew she was signed on for season 4, that would be quite a spoiler in itself. But seriously, if you were writing the episode where Kara Thrace bites it, why would you feel the need to NOT make it ambiguous?

That extra scene with Athena punking Callie was fantastic! One thing I will say somewhat negatively about Season 3 is I felt there should have been more visible tension when a known cylon is wandering around the ship and among civilians. According to the last podcast, RDM also stated that they cut a scene with Sharon punking out the Pres./Madam Airlock!! Would like to see that. Of course Sharon's husband already punked out the President.

I was hoping that cancer was a fake machiavellian (sp?) ploy on the part of Roslin, but it seems like it's real... <_<
I wanna see movies of my dreams.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 22 Mar 2007 19:41

I can't really comment anymore on any of this until after Sunday, as I am incredibly spoiled, and it colors my entire worldview.

I will however, tell the worst spoiler of all: Season 4 doesn't start until 2008.

Goddamnit.

I don't even know if I'll be alive in 2008.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 23 Mar 2007 01:30

WOO HOO!

22 more episodes and a 2-hour "special event" later this year!

FTW

^_^