Pitbulls

Shoot the shit.
Steampunk

Re: Pitbulls

Post by Steampunk » 02 Sep 2006 07:30

eamon angelface wrote:I personally think if someone can walk around with one then I should be free to walk around with a gun in my hand.
I live in Virginia. You can.

The gun, I mean. Not just the dog.

Well, you can't. You're Canadian. God knows if we gave Canadians guns, they'd do something terrible. Probably involving seals, an Alanis Morissette album, and maple syrup.

Titleist

Post by Titleist » 02 Sep 2006 07:33

eamon angelface wrote: My question is what motivates the preference. And then I'd like justification for the motivation.

I have read up on them and they're dangerous to other animals and small children.

So why have one? If you want an intelligent active dog then yes, get a dobermann. They're a very intelligent breed and bred to be guard dogs. Pitbulls are not intelligent. They're bred for pit fighting. Here's a nice stat...
A Rottweiler will exert 800 pounds-per-square-inch jaw pressure and a Bull Terrier will exert 1200psi. A Pit Bull will exert more than 2000 psi.
The lower jaw saws back and forth once locked to get through bone.

That's a pet?
Where the fuck are you getting these retarded "facts" from? How can anyone accurately gauge the bite force of any breed...srsly. It's impossible to say a rott has 800psi vs a pitt who has 2000. There's no way you can tell any breed to bite down on a measuring device as hard as they possibly can. And your whole "The lower jaw saws back and forth once locked to get through bone. " is a myth and a stupid one at that. Their jaw construction is generally the same as any dog. More powerful bite than some?..obviously. Look at the fucking build of the breed. They were bred to be a workhorse.

AKC- "American Staffordshire Terriers(pitbulls) are intelligent and excellent guardians.

Dogbreedinfo- "The American Staffordshire Terrier is a happy, outgoing, stable, and confident dog. Gentle and loving towards people. Good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet. It is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, this dog wants nothing more then to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of life. Over the past 50 years, careful breeding has produced this friendly, trustworthy, dog who is an especially good dog for children. Courageous and a persistent fighter if provoked. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death if the enemy traps the dog in a corner and threatens its loved ones. This breed has a very high tolerance for pain. Some un-socialized Staffs may be dog aggressive. Socialize very thoroughly when young to curve any dog aggressive tendencies. This breed can be difficult to housebreak. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. When properly trained and socialized, the Staff makes a great family companion. This breed is not for the passive owner who does not understand that all dogs have an instinct to have a pack order."
stfu.

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 02 Sep 2006 07:46

Titleist wrote:
eamon angelface wrote: My question is what motivates the preference. And then I'd like justification for the motivation.

I have read up on them and they're dangerous to other animals and small children.

So why have one? If you want an intelligent active dog then yes, get a dobermann. They're a very intelligent breed and bred to be guard dogs. Pitbulls are not intelligent. They're bred for pit fighting. Here's a nice stat...
A Rottweiler will exert 800 pounds-per-square-inch jaw pressure and a Bull Terrier will exert 1200psi. A Pit Bull will exert more than 2000 psi.
The lower jaw saws back and forth once locked to get through bone.

That's a pet?
Where the fuck are you getting these retarded "facts" from? How can anyone accurately gauge the bite force of any breed...srsly. It's impossible to say a rott has 800psi vs a pitt who has 2000. There's no way you can tell any breed to bite down on a measuring device as hard as they possibly can. And your whole "The lower jaw saws back and forth once locked to get through bone. " is a myth and a stupid one at that. Their jaw construction is generally the same as any dog. More powerful bite than some?..obviously. Look at the fucking build of the breed. They were bred to be a workhorse.

AKC- "American Staffordshire Terriers(pitbulls) are intelligent and excellent guardians.

Dogbreedinfo- "The American Staffordshire Terrier is a happy, outgoing, stable, and confident dog. Gentle and loving towards people. Good-natured, amusing, extremely loyal and affectionate family pet. It is good with children and adults. Almost always obedient, this dog wants nothing more then to please its master. It is an extremely courageous and intelligent guard dog that is very full of life. Over the past 50 years, careful breeding has produced this friendly, trustworthy, dog who is an especially good dog for children. Courageous and a persistent fighter if provoked. Highly protective of his owners and the owner's property, it will fight an enemy to the death if the enemy traps the dog in a corner and threatens its loved ones. This breed has a very high tolerance for pain. Some un-socialized Staffs may be dog aggressive. Socialize very thoroughly when young to curve any dog aggressive tendencies. This breed can be difficult to housebreak. It has given outstanding results as a guardian of property, but is at the same time esteemed as a companion dog. When properly trained and socialized, the Staff makes a great family companion. This breed is not for the passive owner who does not understand that all dogs have an instinct to have a pack order."
http://www.edba.org.au/courier.html

There ya go.

Lot's of "retarded facts".

I like the one about pitbulls being 1% of all breeds but responsible for 40% of the deaths from dogs in the US and 70% of those being children.

They weren't bred to be working dogs. You just plain reached up and pulled that out of your ass. They're fighting dogs. Want a work dog? Get a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. But why? That won't scare the neighbors.

That quote you gave? That's a pantload if I've ever read one.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national ... 40831.html

I remember when that happened a couple years ago. It took two full clips to take down the second dog. They had to put a mattress on the dog and fire the last shots point blank. Those were so called well raised pitbulls by a responsible owner. Yeah right.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7723783638

Notice it only goes after kids.
DLT Prom Queen 4 years running.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 02 Sep 2006 08:27

eamon angelface wrote:I only got this in my head today because a friend of mine in the states said just about every young actress now has a pitbull because they think they're safer with it around.
Funny thing about this comment is I'd just seen two pics earlier today which made me go, "wtfpitbull?"

Image Image

Now I'm not positive either of the Jessicas is walking a pitbull...I'm not a dog expert. But they sure looked like it at first glance.
:unsure:

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 02 Sep 2006 08:32

AngelBaby wrote:
eamon angelface wrote:I only got this in my head today because a friend of mine in the states said just about every young actress now has a pitbull because they think they're safer with it around.
Funny thing about this comment is I'd just seen two pics earlier today which made me go, "wtfpitbull?"

Image Image

Now I'm not positive either of the Jessicas is walking a pitbull...I'm not a dog expert. But they sure looked like it at first glance.
:unsure:
I know there's a joke about "bitches" regarding those pics... but I'll leave that one for Steampunk to handle.

Steampunk

Post by Steampunk » 02 Sep 2006 08:36

Dammit, why do I always get the hard ones?

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 02 Sep 2006 08:41

Biel's is a pitbull. The smaller one.

It's tough to tell about Alba's cause that pic shows the dogs ass.

Titleist

Post by Titleist » 02 Sep 2006 09:22

eamon angelface wrote: http://www.edba.org.au/courier.html

There ya go.

I like the one about pitbulls being 1% of all breeds but responsible for 40% of the deaths from dogs in the US and 70% of those being children.

They weren't bred to be working dogs. You just plain reached up and pulled that out of your ass. They're fighting dogs. Want a work dog? Get a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. But why? That won't scare the neighbors.

I remember when that happened a couple years ago. It took two full clips to take down the second dog. They had to put a mattress on the dog and fire the last shots point blank. Those were so called well raised pitbulls by a responsible owner. Yeah right.

Wow, sweet. You quoted an article that was printed in the newspaper and some generalized shit from a news station. Yes, those are retarded fucking facts and you are just as retarded for quoting them. And you posted a vid of a pit bull biting a kid's leg and chasing him with some gay over dramatized voice over. So what. Are you srsly this dense? They even added sound effects of dogs barking and growling. It's clear the owner didn't know what she's doing. One of the first things they said was "the owner looses control". It's fucking idiots like these that give the breed a bad name. You think this happens with properly trained and socialized pitts(or any dog for that matter)? I fucking doubt it. And your whole stat percentage is bullshit. Do a little research about how pitt mixes fall into any pittbull statistic before you wanna spout out any more bullshit.

Again, i'm really not an advocate or anything but you are so ingnorant it's fucking annoying. If you wanna quote resources...please do so from unbiased and reliable ones.

2 clips to take down a dog? Hmmm. Bad shot placement? You put one well placed shot at anything and it's most likely to go down.
eamon wrote: They weren't bred to be working dogs. You just plain reached up and pulled that out of your ass. They're fighting dogs.
Do you know what a pitt is? Its a cross between a bulldog and terrier. Look up the history and traits of those 2 breeds and see why they were chosen. Historically, they were bred to be "working dogs". People used them too for fighting and called those dogs "pit bulls".

ps- google "pit bull and bite force" and see what "reliable" souces you come up with. Yes, they are strong...what idiot doesn't know that. I'm just stating that your info and so called "facts" suck.
stfu.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 02 Sep 2006 09:35

thefelinepunk wrote:I just resent the idea that any dog is specifically BORN bad.
So a related question...

Do you believe that it's possible for a person to be "born bad?" And if so, do you resent that idea?

Yes, I realize this may get us waaaaay off-topic...

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 02 Sep 2006 11:42

Titleist wrote:
eamon angelface wrote: http://www.edba.org.au/courier.html

There ya go.

Wow, sweet. You quoted an article that was printed in the newspaper and some generalized shit from a news station. Yes, those are retarded fucking facts and you are just as retarded for quoting them. And you posted a vid of a pit bull biting a kid's leg and chasing him with some gay over dramatized voice over. So what. Are you srsly this dense? They even added sound effects of dogs barking and growling. It's clear the owner didn't know what she's doing. One of the first things they said was "the owner looses control". It's fucking idiots like these that give the breed a bad name. You think this happens with properly trained and socialized pitts(or any dog for that matter)? I fucking doubt it. And your whole stat percentage is bullshit. Do a little research about how pitt mixes fall into any pittbull statistic before you wanna spout out any more bullshit.

Again, i'm really not an advocate or anything but you are so ingnorant it's fucking annoying. If you wanna quote resources...please do so from unbiased and reliable ones.

2 clips to take down a dog? Hmmm. Bad shot placement? You put one well placed shot at anything and it's most likely to go down.
eamon wrote: They weren't bred to be working dogs. You just plain reached up and pulled that out of your ass. They're fighting dogs.
Do you know what a pitt is? Its a cross between a bulldog and terrier. Look up the history and traits of those 2 breeds and see why they were chosen. Historically, they were bred to be "working dogs". People used them too for fighting and called those dogs "pit bulls".

ps- google "pit bull and bite force" and see what "reliable" souces you come up with. Yes, they are strong...what idiot doesn't know that. I'm just stating that your info and so called "facts" suck.
Hey dumbfuck, if that had been any other breed in the vid you think it would have chased two kids down? What are you aiming for retard of the year?

YOU fucking look up the history of the breed. I'm not here to continue your fucking GED jackass. It's not called a workbull you moron. Pit fighting dog. Pitbull. Want to know the common characteristic between all terriers? Aggression. Difference being they're not dumb as...well you.

Ignorance? Of what? What am I ignorant of? The dogs kill people. You like them cause you're a fag. Where does ignorance come in? Again I'm not damning the breed, I just hate retards.

Yeah motherfucker 2 clips to take a dog down. You think you can pick off an angry pitbull with one well placed shot superman? I guess we should hire you and your super cool friends to police the world then. Or maybe those dogs are just bred to kill and keep going until they're dead. Watch the video again. That officer places one nice shot and the dog comes at them again.

My facts suck do they? Well by all means educate us all with your own personal studies doctor. What are your findings from the university of your parents basement?

You're quite obviously the one bullshitting. Then you lie about having any kind of bias.

You still haven't given one reason to get the damn dogs. I'm guessing you don't have one so how about fucking off now?

So a related question...

Do you believe that it's possible for a person to be "born bad?" And if so, do you resent that idea?

Yes, I realize this may get us waaaaay off-topic...
No problem. In university we went into depth on nature vs nurture. There are chemical imbalances that theoretically cause psychopathic behavior like the popular bi-polar disorder. In general I think it's a combination of both.

What we were always divided on was if a person is born good they could be made bad through negative stimuli but could a bad person lead a normal productive life if saturated with positive stimulus?

Titleist

Post by Titleist » 02 Sep 2006 13:30

Wow. Why are you so worked up?
eamon wrote:Hey dumbfuck, if that had been any other breed in the vid you think it would have chased two kids down? What are you aiming for retard of the year?

Um, are you saying that other breeds never chase and attack people? I hope you're just pretending to be this dumb, otherwise, god help you. You know why you mostly only hear about pits attacking? Because fucking morons like you slap the term pit bull on any dog that looks similar. Even knowledgeable breeders have a hard time visually identifying the breed.

Regarding attacks, "statistics may be tainted by the fact that the breed recorded as responsible is taken from the reports of witnesses and is rarely confirmed by dog experts or registration papers. Because pit bull is an all-encompassing term used to describe several breeds of dogs, determining whether a dog is a "pit bull" is often particularly difficult."
•Source- study done by United States Department of Health and Human Services. (http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf)
eamon wrote:Ignorance? Of what? What am I ignorant of? The dogs kill people. You like them cause you're a fag.
How old are you, srlsy? Your POV is like saying guns are bad and that they kill people. Irresponsible owners are to blame. The breed by nature is not agressive to humans. You can look that up anywhere. Try not to do it from some slanted media journalist writing a fucking newspaper article. Maybe the problem stems from fucking retards that train their dogs to be killers and find out later they can't control them. And unfortnately, these dumbshits use pits to play their little fucking dog fighting games. If you see the abuse/"traning" they go through, you'll fucking see why they're so fucking aggressive. And yes, throw a healthy and well bred pit puppy in a loving home of a experienced dog owner and it will not be agressive to other humans unless it is defending it's owner.
eamon wrote:My facts suck do they? Well by all means educate us all with your own personal studies doctor. What are your findings from the university of your parents basement?

You're quite obviously the one bullshitting. Then you lie about having any kind of bias.

You still haven't given one reason to get the damn dogs. I'm guessing you don't have one so how about fucking off now?
Yes, your facts do suck. Find some unbiased and respectable sources to site instead of talking shit. Look at everything you posted so far. The equivalent would be like me and you having an argument about how big of a stupid fucking faggot you are and you quoting your mom to defend yourself. I'm not biased, but all my sources so far aren't slanted like yours. Google video is not a fucking source you moron. Go to the bookstore and read a book.

I know your MO, as does everyone else. You're gonna keep talking shit because you have nothing better to do, which is fine by me. If you want me to respond to you, start siting reliable sources instead of quoting the stupid shit you said earlier. I don't know what's wrong with you. Are you this socially retarded in real life? You say all this shit about "this is the fucking internet..I don't care what you people say". Regardless of what you say or think....this is a community. Just like tijnur, fubar, d:et, michlers, etc... They're all comprised of a lot of the same faces and yet, you've done a great job of rubbing a lot of people the wrong way. Yes, it's the internet, but the fact that so many people already hate you should give you a clue. If you can't even succeed in proper social interaction with people on the fucking internet, are you really gonna try and fool us you have a social life outside your computer? Yeah...blah blah, you don't care. But you obviously do becuase you keep posting on these sites long after people state their opinion of you...until you get banned that is. And if you truly didn't care, you wouldn't keep reading/responding to posts and you'd go off and find another forum where the members didn't know how big of a fucking tool you are.
stfu.

Zorak

Post by Zorak » 02 Sep 2006 13:36

I want a Pitbull.

Steampunk

Post by Steampunk » 02 Sep 2006 21:47

If I had one, I would name him Joe.

Bligityblah

Post by Bligityblah » 02 Sep 2006 22:28

Zorak wrote:I want a Pitbull.

God that'd be sweet!

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 02 Sep 2006 23:45

I won't even put the quotes in because he didn't say anything.

That was a big waste of time. For him to write and me to read.

Basically I have to put together a paper citing sources you feel are valid in order to disprove...nothing. Because you've provided nothing other than the same bullshit crybaby nonsense usually reserved for overwight white trash on the 11 o'clock news.

1. pibulls are nice though I have nothing aside from my opinion to back that up with

2. it's the owners that make them bad though I have nothing to back that up with and again its just what I heard

3. you don't know me. I can do what I can. Whateva whateva.

So here's my closure on it: go buy yourself a pitbull. Please. While you're at it grab one for Bligs too.

I'll send flowers.

The answer seems to be no one can provide any good reason (not even ONE) to get a pitbull.