Cheating.

Shoot the shit.
gulliver

Cheating.

Post by gulliver » 14 Aug 2007 07:44

So any of you ever cheated on a significant other? or If you are in a current relationship have or would you ever do it?

Even thought about it?

I was having a chat with a friend of mine about this about a month ago. He was telling me how he feels like getting up on every hot bitch that walks by even though he lives with his gf and practically tells her everyday that he loves her. Lately when we go out on a mad night and leave or partners at home he is all over any women that will show an interest, and sure enough he ended up having sex with another woman recently. I'll admit that I have done it before in the past, but I genuinley care alot about my current gf. If I did then I dont think I could ever bring myself to look her in the eye again.

Can a relationship survive when one has cheated on another? Can a young man commit to a long term relationship and make it work after being unfaithful several times?

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 14 Aug 2007 08:05

I have never cheated, and can honestly say I've never thought of cheating.

As far as I know, I've never been cheated on, though I suppose one can never be sure.

I tell myself that I would break up immediately with a guy who cheated on me, and never look back, but I also realize that it would probably depend highly on the circumstances as to whether or not I gave him a second chance. I can tell you this, however...there would NEVER be a third chance.

Mike

Post by Mike » 14 Aug 2007 14:41

When I was 13 (Summer of '94), I was going out with the prettiest girl in my school. We were going out for about 6 months, and out of nowhere she called me to say she thinks she likes this 17 year old... It crushed me, but I accepted the fact that it was over. The next day she calls me to say she was sorry, and wanted to keep going out, so we did. I never felt the same, so 2 months later I broke up with her.

That affected me so much, that I could never imagine doing it to anyone else. So, no I have never cheated, I'd rather just break up with someone.

It was one of those Wonder Years moments, where I remember every detail. :unsure:

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 14 Aug 2007 19:22

AngelBaby wrote:I have never cheated, and can honestly say I've never thought of cheating.

As far as I know, I've never been cheated on, though I suppose one can never be sure.
Same.

I haven't been in many long-term serious relationships, but even when things weren't working out, cheating never was an option for me (and not just cos im fug).

On the one hand, it just makes things messy during a split, and the other, it can do long term psychological damage to the person on the receiving end of such shocking news, to the point where trust in future partners is very difficult to establish.

It's a very selfish act from what I can tell, one that no person who claims to love another should be capable of, as choosing that option over sitting down and discussing your problems like adults just shows that you never really valued the council of your partner in the first place.

exelis

Post by exelis » 14 Aug 2007 20:48

I don't know that I'd go through with it, but I've thought of cheating, often. A precipitous drop in the libido of one's partner after the birth of a child will do that to you, I suppose.

Sad story, true story.