Dollhouse - i just had a sick thought...

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Dollhouse - i just had a sick thought...

Post by Dex » 12 Nov 2009 06:49

Dollhouse has been canceled.

According to multiple insiders, Fox has informed Joss Whedon that it will not be ordering additional installments of his low-rated drama beyond the current 13-episode order. On the bright side, the network still plans to burn off the remaining unaired episodes beginning in December. Hey, it’s something.

Dollhouse has been averaging a mere 3 million viewers this season. Last season — when fan support, together with significant budget cuts, helped it to get an odds-defying second-year pickup — the show averaged 4.7 million.

Bottom line: Dollhouse is lucky it ever saw a second season.
Can't argue with that last point.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 12 Nov 2009 07:37

Just out of curiosity, what is a good audience number for a primetime Friday night show on the networks? I would bet that the number of people who record Dollhouse and watch it on a night other than when its target demographic is going out is probably at least twice the number who watch it live. But gee, whose brilliant decision was it to put the show (and Sarah Connor) on Friday?

Fuck Fox. Fuck them in their dumb asses.

:x

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 12 Nov 2009 10:37

Family Guy; circa 2003

Peter: Everybody I've got bad news. We've been canceled.

Lois: Oh no Peter! How could they do that?

Peter: Well unfortunately Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for terrific shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonder Falls, Fast Lane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girl's Club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, And Greg The Bunny....

Lois: Is there no hope?

Peter: Well I suppose if ALL those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010