Jack Bauer Power Hour

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Jack Bauer Power Hour

Post by AngelBaby » 15 Jan 2007 11:49

I haven't watched since the beginning of Season 3, but based on tonight's 2 hours, it looks like I might have picked a good time to get back into 24.

*beep. beep.*

*beep. beep.*

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 15 Jan 2007 16:04

Shush you.

Now maybe you will listen when I tell you what good TV is;
24 season 1: A+
24 season 2: C+
24 season 3: D-
24 season 4: C-
24 season 5: B+

It's only obvious that season 6 would be glorious again.
For me? I had people over tonight, so I didn't get to watch the first 2 episodes (i did tivo) and I might be out tomorrow, since It's a holiday... and because I've got all 4 episodes on DVD :o

I might watch it next weekend while I'm on vacation (just in time for episode 5?)

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 15 Jan 2007 16:47

^^^
arrr. :pirate:

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 18 Jan 2007 08:56

Ive only seen season 1 - 3 but in what I saw I liked Season 2 the best, well except when the story got away from Jack and became all Jack Ryan White House doublespeak rubbish.

smash

Post by smash » 18 Jan 2007 18:41

I didn't want to watch this season of 24 (despite watching all the others) and it's not because last season sucked (it was actually fairly good, albeit unbelievable). I'm just tired of serial dramas, and I primarily blame Lost. However, I got sucked in pretty good by these four hours. I just don't know what I'll do about the competition with Heroes. Heroes does replay on Sci-Fi on Friday nights... I just doubt I can wait that long for my Heroes fix.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 19 Jan 2007 18:24

smash wrote:I didn't want to watch this season of 24 (despite watching all the others) and it's not because last season sucked (it was actually fairly good, albeit unbelievable). I'm just tired of serial dramas, and I primarily blame Lost. However, I got sucked in pretty good by these four hours. I just don't know what I'll do about the competition with Heroes. Heroes does replay on Sci-Fi on Friday nights... I just doubt I can wait that long for my Heroes fix.
You know I love you, but if you don't stop whining about how you "hate serial dramas" i'm going to stab you in the eye with my ballpoint pen.

Lost has gotten off track, yes, but it's still good. Stop using it as a crutch for your TV-hatred.
You know you enjoy BSG and Heroes... they are both "serial dramas" so stop your bellyaching about the whole thing!
You are just in denial. You want to watch Jack Bauer just as much as AngelBaby loves to fap to naked women and Justin to naked men. Just admit it!

smash

Post by smash » 19 Jan 2007 19:16

Lost has derailed all serialized dramas for me.

Heroes is undoing the damage though, as they are completely unafraid of telling a story and moving things along.

Prison Break, well I always knew it was garbage, but it's just become laughable... T-Bag's detachable hands takes absurd to a new level.

I've argued this with our Asian Tranny time and time again... shows like House, BSG, I don't consider 'serialized dramas' (and neither do critics btw) because as a general rule (excepting 'to be continued' episodes) each episode has a complete story with a beginning, middle, and end. There is an overall arc to characters that span a season, or multiple seasons even, but Lost only possesses a beginning (first episode) a middle (every episode since) and no end in sight...

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 02 Feb 2007 01:32

The people who decided to kill the Tony Almeida character in Season 5 have doomed 24 into a slow ratings death.

Because it effectively makes Kiefer the only character the series can possibly go on with.

At least with Tony's character in it they could have chosen to off Kief at the opportuned time and still keep the series fresh. I mean HOW MANY strokes of bad luck/government betrayal/caffeine overloads can one character have?

Yes, 24 will be healthy for maybe 2 more episodes but then people are just going to get fucking bored. As if they aren't already. Kief will become the John McClane of Television. And yes, Die Hard 4 is a fucking BAD idea.

4 eps into Season 6 here and it's all pretty ho-hum.

"Yeah Kief, you are trapped in a C4 rigged bear-trap around your testicles and the nuclear bomb in the white house has 10 minutes to go. I think I've got enough time for a burger run and maybe a tug".

They fucked it, them Fox.

Mary Louise Parker 4 lyfe, homes.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Re:

Post by AngelBaby » 20 May 2009 16:01

UncleMao wrote:The people who decided to kill the Tony Almeida character in Season 5 have doomed 24 into a slow ratings death.
O RLY?

DANGER: possible spoiler ahead

I gave up on Season 6 (it just got too absurd), but I watched all of Season 7 (admittedly, also pretty absurd) which just ended this week. All I can say is perhaps they should've just left Tony dead.

smash

Re: Re:

Post by smash » 20 May 2009 20:26

AngelBaby wrote:
UncleMao wrote:The people who decided to kill the Tony Almeida character in Season 5 have doomed 24 into a slow ratings death.
O RLY?

DANGER: possible spoiler ahead

I gave up on Season 6 (it just got too absurd), but I watched all of Season 7 (admittedly, also pretty absurd) which just ended this week. All I can say is perhaps they should've just left Tony dead.

I haven't finished yet...I kept falling asleep which says something in and of itself.

Anyway....Season 1 Tony was pretty much a fucking desk jockey analyst with a fu-man-chu. He somehow morphed into almost as much of a badass as Jack and then somehow morphed into an uber villian that double, double, double crossed?

Gay.

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Jack Bauer Power Hour

Post by Dex » 18 Jan 2010 15:10

New season of 24 is pretty good so far. The action is lacking (which it usually is in the first few hours), but the acting is great as usual, and the story has a lot of potential. I see agent Walker will be showing up in tomorrows episode ftw :D

All I have to say is; AXE TO THE CHEST :eek:
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

smash

Post by smash » 18 Jan 2010 18:09

I haven't watched it yet....but the promos imply that Agent Walker is going to be more of a badass than Jack.

I'm not sure if that will be cool to see, or lame. Time will tell.

Also, I think she looks hot sometimes, and other times I just see this redheaded stepchild with fake breasts that are 3times too big.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 19 Jan 2010 00:29

smash wrote:I haven't watched it yet....but the promos imply that Agent Walker is going to be more of a badass than Jack.
Haven't you heard? Jack is a grandpa now.

Okay, let's start taking wagers on who gets kidnapped and used for leverage at some point this season...Jack's little granddaughter or President Hassan's daughter? Also, wtf is up with this CTU agent/trailer trash subplot? Is that the best the writers could come up with for Starbuck?

And finally, AXE TO THE CHEST FTW.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 19 Jan 2010 04:19

So far, so typical. Chloe is blatantly dying this season, I can feel it in my bones.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 19 Jan 2010 15:38

AngelBaby wrote:Okay, let's start taking wagers on who gets kidnapped and used for leverage at some point this season...Jack's little granddaughter or President Hassan's daughter?
Ep 1 opening credits said "special guest appearance by Elisha Cuthbert", so I have a feeling she wont show up again (with husband/daughter) until maybe the last episode, and probably just over the phone (split screen)
Hassan's daughter/wife will probably get caught in the middle somehow, but my top contender is that female reporter, who will end up being the one used for leverage against Hassan.
smash wrote:...Agent Walker is going to be more of a badass than Jack.
Mostly because she is bat-shit insane. After her boyfriend (head of FBI in DC) was killed last season, as well as all the other crap that happened to her, not to mention her being shot, and burred alive... she's gonna be a loose cannon all season.

All I have to say is; SAW TO THE THUMB :eek:
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010