BOTTOM FIVE

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

Dex
Big Daddy

BOTTOM FIVE

Post by Dex » 22 Feb 2011 14:52

OK kids, time for a new questionnaire list. This one is much like this thread, and same basic rules, but for this one... bottom five shows.

Of all the TV shows you watch, which ones are the worst, and why?
* the show must be currently on the air. No canceled shows, but shows slated to return eventually are OK

Basically, shows you watch/download/DVR, not something stupid that you never saw, or just watched one episode and quit. These must be shows that if they got canceled, you wouldn't be that upset. Shows that maybe started good, but have gone downhill, but you stick with it.

This can change, as shows get canceled for real, or your interest changes, or even the show itself changes. Feel free to come back and comment whenever you'd like.

Also, much like the TOP FIVE lists, where #1 is best of the best, #1 in this list would be the worst of the worst.

Mine;
1. Perfect Couples - I don't know why I still watch it, because I really hate it, but I record all the NBC Thursday night comedies, so I'm probably going down with the ship on this one. I beg for it's cancellation.

2. Royal Pains - After episode 1, this show has gone down in quality episode after episode. Lately it's been equal to watching a program on Nickelodeon. The problem with me being able to drop this show (and others on USA, TNT, Syfy, TBS, etc) is that I get them on EST time zone, so it's on at 6 or 7 in the evening way before anything else is on. With no competition and possibly nothing else better on my tivo, this stays for now.

3. Harry's Law - I really enjoyed the first episode. The 3 since then? Not so much. If I didn't have so much free time on my hands, this would be gone. It's not a bad show, it's just the same episode over and over again.

4. Big Love - Seasons 1-3 were great. 4 sucked ass. Now the final season is on, and it's really getting on my nerves. If it wasn't the final few episodes, I'd have dropped this train wreck like a sack of bricks last year.

5. Chuck - I hate to put this here, but one of my former TOP FIVE shows is now in the BOTTOM FIVE. Chuck used to be the epitome of what I looked for in a TV show. This entire season has been a bad soap opera.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

smash

Re: BOTTOM FIVE

Post by smash » 22 Feb 2011 19:54

I almost posted my bottom five in the list update of top five yesterday but I restrained myself.

1) Californication. I can't even bring myself to watch past the third episode this season.
2) Perfect Couples. This show is horrible. It's the epitome of everything bad sitcom writing is about. I can't even see how the actors could say their lines with a straight face. Seriously.
3) Royal Pains my DVR hasn't gotten it in 3 weeks. I didn't even notice.
4) CSI Miami that crappy "Undercover Boss" usually runs half way into the DVR recording. I just go 'meh' and delete it.
5) I don't have a five yet. I'm not ready to list either CSI NY (Sela Ward saved this show) or Chuck. Yet.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 24 Feb 2011 10:09

The Cape
Even though it's already cancelled,it's still airing. I won't miss it. Not even the Glau can save this abortion of a show.

The Event
The mystery is boring, the characters are boring, the thrilling set pieces don't even compare with those of a bad 24 episode. It's just not that interesting.

I would've put V on here before christmas but I find it's getting better and is picking up the pace, even though I want to smash that Tyler kid's face in every time he smirks his ass on screen.

Could only think of 2 wtf, I don't watch enough TV.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 24 Feb 2011 13:21

efilflah wrote:I would've put V on here before christmas but I find it's getting better and is picking up the pace, even though I want to smash that Tyler kid's face in every time he smirks his ass on screen.
It's funny, but Dex and I were pretty much chatting this exact same thing to each other recently, right down to wanting someone to force-feed that emo punk an immolation capsule. What an annoying little douche.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 22 Mar 2011 10:04

AngelBaby wrote:
efilflah wrote:I would've put V on here before christmas but I find it's getting better and is picking up the pace, even though I want to smash that Tyler kid's face in every time he smirks his ass on screen.
It's funny, but Dex and I were pretty much chatting this exact same thing to each other recently, right down to wanting someone to force-feed that emo punk an immolation capsule. What an annoying little douche.

I Jizzed a little!

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 22 Mar 2011 12:28

^^^
for. the. win.
:dance: