Dark Blue

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

psyper

Dark Blue

Post by psyper » 28 Dec 2010 09:49

I watched the pilot episode and thought it was okay - as this is ended on just two seasons is it still worth downloading it and watching the rest or does it just completely fail?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Dark Blue

Post by Dex » 29 Dec 2010 05:46

I felt that the entire series really went nowhere. The acting is better than normal, and there are a handful of "good" episodes in the bunch, but overall, it was a pretty vanilla show IMO. If you have nothing else to watch, then it's slightly better than shows that are still on the air, but I'd suggest a dozen other shows before I'd recommend Dark Blue - which gets even worse in season 2.

Maybe it was lack of variety, but every episode was, as the title suggests, dark. Everything was SO SERIOUS and LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION, it quickly became ridiculous. 80% of each episode is at night, with the other 20% being a coin-flip between either dawn or dusk, and always INDOORS.

Another problem stemmed from basically zero back story, which caused me to have little to no feelings for any of the main characters. Oh no! So-and-so got caught while undercover like he does in every single episode! I don't care.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 29 Dec 2010 06:49

I pretty much concur with everything Dex said.

If you're looking for an engaging TNT series to get into, give Leverage a shot. Far more entertaining.

psyper

Post by psyper » 29 Dec 2010 07:28

Thanks for the input Dex - I think I will give it a miss then as I have quite a few series to catch up on at the moment anyway so its not worth adding yet another series to the list.
I've added Detroit 187 (1-87, 1-8-7) to my list of things to download and make an effort to watch.

I've already been following leverage and I'm only 3 episodes behind at the moment - fantastic show!!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

smash

Post by smash » 29 Dec 2010 09:24

It seemed to have promise, but went nowhere. Which is why it was canceled. I think the actors were all decent, but the writing was lacking.