Television Debates

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

smash

Television Debates

Post by smash » 12 Nov 2010 18:23

I wanted to start a thread after Angelbaby's comment the other day regarding Jon Stewart...
AngelBaby wrote:
"Conan" put a serious dent in the "Comedy Central" power block of "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1.3 million)...Last Monday, "Daily Show" delivered 1.9 million viewers.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...Stewart has become a preening, pretentious ass.

AB, or others, can you give me examples of his preening and/or pretentiousness?

And on a side note... there was a lot of backlash on the internets regarding Olivia Munn leaving AOTS but more importantly joining The Daily Show. The arguments have been that she's not a real comedian, but merely hired because she's hot.

Discuss.

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Television Debates

Post by Dex » 13 Nov 2010 08:47

I don't mind The Daily Show one way or another, but keep in mind that I only watch it (on accident) once a month. He's condescending at times, but that's what his audience wants, so that's what he gives them.

As far as Munn, I could write a book about how I feel about her. She has little to no talent, and has no place in any medium except for modeling. No, shes not a comedian, in fact the funniest thing she does is stare blankly into the camera or behave like a spoiled brat. My theory is that she got on AOTS because she was hot, and slowly got accustomed and acclimated to tech, gadgets and games... she UNDERSTANDS them and could tell you how to sync your iphone, etc... but then she began to push this exaggerated embrace of nerdyness in order to please her core audience.

On TV or the internet, she never talks about a game shes playing/hating/loving, or a movie she just saw (that she didn't have a cameo in) or some new electronic she saw/bought, yet she is billed everywhere as a "gadget goddess" or "geek beauty queen" and I can't think of one goddamn time she's actually shown any knowledge or interest in anything "geeky". Oh wow, shes wearing a Wonder Woman costume. She's nothing but a glorified hipster who loves attention.

As far as her on The Daily Show, I've only seen her on once (the first time), and it was pretty bad. I figured it was a one time thing, since she was in New York filming this upcoming NBC comedy, but then I found out shes on once a week or something? And everything I've heard is bad, and I'm not surprised. The peak of her career was putting on a fat suit and talk about how she loves to eat pie.

I guess I just have no respect for somebody who claimed 4 months ago "I'll never leave AOTS, this is my home", and hasn't been on, or even mentioned it once since.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

smash

Post by smash » 13 Nov 2010 19:30

If anyone wishes to understand why I feel connected to what Jon Stewart .... he does a fantastic job of explaining his viewpoint and what he's out there trying to do brilliantly in this candid interview with Rachel Maddow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 1#40141311

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 13 Nov 2010 20:06

smash wrote:If anyone wishes to understand why I feel connected to what Jon Stewart .... he does a fantastic job of explaining his viewpoint and what he's out there trying to do brilliantly in this candid interview with Rachel Maddow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/vp ... 1#40141311
I respect both Jon Stewart and Rachel Maddow, so I'm not - or + by this, but I did enjoy watching it. Here's my opinion.

Basically there is EVIL (Fox News) whom fuels anger, confusion and fear (and I don't say that in a harsh way, I just mean that they like to stir shit up for ratings)... and GOOD (everyone else), and certain groups (Anderson Cooper, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Jon Stewart, Steven Colbert, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon, CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo News, Google, etc) that try their very best to counter the "EVIL" without being evil themselves. They support the flow of ALL information, not just information that supports their world view. Like JS says; IF ITS RIGHT ITS RIGHT.

Ironic that Fox News claims to be "fair and balanced". The only thing they are being "fair" or "balanced" to is Republicans, Christians, old people, and/or whites.

The best part about that video was that Jon Steward pointed out that there is a 24/7 network that point out differences between parties, and that's unfair. That creates conflict even where there is no conflict. We should unite, not divide, and I fucking despise any person or organization that creates division among human beings.

Also, I would fuck Rachel Maddow. Not in a mean way. I would make passionate love to her.

Mike

Post by Mike » 14 Nov 2010 00:02

all i know is that i wouldn't fuck maddow with angelbaby's dick

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 14 Nov 2010 05:12

Mike wrote:all i know is that i wouldn't fuck maddow with angelbaby's dick

smash

Post by smash » 14 Nov 2010 05:48

If she didn't wear her hair short and dress like a man, I'd bang her. But as it stands, the only tranny I'd throw a fuck to is Angelbaby. :)

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 14 Nov 2010 17:23

smash wrote:If she didn't wear her hair short and dress like a man, I'd bang her. But as it stands, the only tranny I'd throw a fuck to is Angelbaby. :)
You must get some perverse joy out of making everyone here uncomfortable.