TV NEWS

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Re: TV NEWS

Post by AngelBaby » 25 Apr 2011 16:07

smash wrote:Anyone catch the Burn Notice one of? About Sam? I got it on my DVR but haven't yet watched it.
You really haven't missed out on anything. I once thought that anything with Bruce Campbell in it would be well worth watching.

I was wrong.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 26 Apr 2011 04:57

smash wrote:Anyone catch the Burn Notice one of? About Sam? I got it on my DVR but haven't yet watched it.
I couldn't watch more than 25 minutes before stopping. It's since been deleted from my tivo.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 26 Apr 2011 12:26

Less than a month after its record-setting debut, Showtime’s The Borgias has been renewed for a second season.

The cabler announced on Monday that the Jeremy Irons-fronted crime-family drama has been picked up of a 10-episode second season. Borgias‘ opener gave Showtime its best premiere ratings for a drama series in seven years.
I saw the first 2 episodes this weekend and I really enjoyed it.

smash

Post by smash » 26 Apr 2011 18:26

Dex wrote:
Less than a month after its record-setting debut, Showtime’s The Borgias has been renewed for a second season.

The cabler announced on Monday that the Jeremy Irons-fronted crime-family drama has been picked up of a 10-episode second season. Borgias‘ opener gave Showtime its best premiere ratings for a drama series in seven years.
I saw the first 2 episodes this weekend and I really enjoyed it.

I know you watched The Tudors, but I never got a sense if you were a big fan or not. I'm going to guess it's most comparable to that?

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 03 May 2011 04:21

smash wrote:I know you watched The Tudors, but I never got a sense if you were a big fan or not. I'm going to guess it's most comparable to that?
I've never seen 1 second of the Tudors.

In "TV I do watch" news;
USA Network is set to announce at its Monday afternoon upfront presentation that it has renewed the legal dramedy Fairly Legal for a second season
To that end, Deadline hears that “changes in the series’ creative direction” are in the works for Season 2, which will launch its 13-episode order in early 2012.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 03 May 2011 13:24

Make no Bones about it: Booth and Brennan will be back on the case next fall!

Series star David Boreanaz confirmed on Twitter Monday night that Fox has renewed the hit procedural for a seventh season — presumably after coming to terms on a new license fee agreement with producer 20th Century Fox TV.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 11 May 2011 10:51

FOX has just announced that Human Target and freshman comedy Breaking In have both been canceled.

Not coo FOX. Not coo.

smash

Post by smash » 11 May 2011 11:11

Fox faggots. :(

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 11 May 2011 11:39

smash wrote:Fox faggots. :(
And on that note, The Chicago Code & Lie To Me have also gotten the axe.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 11 May 2011 12:30

Fuck you, Fox.

Fuck you.

:x

smash

Post by smash » 11 May 2011 18:17

WTF! They used Lie To Me's good numbers to fill in the gap after they immediately axed, Lonestar. Why would they kill the show if it was good enough to fill in a gap like that in a short notice.

Fuck you Fox.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 12 May 2011 05:46

Now that the dust has settled from those FOX cancellations, time to announce new FOX shows starting this fall;

J.J. Abrams' Alcatraz has been picked up; a sci-fi-y procedural starring Jorge Garcia from Lost. There's also The New Girl (formerly Chicks and Dicks), a comedy starring Zooey Deschanel and Jake Johnson. Also added to the schedule: the Bones spin-off, Finder, and the comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter with Jaime Pressly.

smash

Post by smash » 12 May 2011 07:42

I actually enjoyed the Finder episode of Bones this season. I'll give that a chance.

Another JJ show... why can't he just do a really good job on the ones he creates?

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 12 May 2011 13:17

New confirmed shows;

Prime Suspect NBC
Mario Bello (ER), Aidan Quinn (Canterbury's Law), Kirk Acevedo (Fringe)
Bello stars in this U.S port of the acclaimed, Helen Mirren-fronted British series, playing an irreverent female detective struggling to make her mark in a male-dominated New York precinct.

Smash NBC
Debra Messing (Will & Grace), Katharine McPhee (American Idol), Anjelica Huston (Medium)
It's Glee graduates! Messing leads this dramedy which follows a myriad of characters who come together to achieve one common goal: Putting on a Broadway-bound Marilyn Monroe musical!

Terra Nova FOX
Jason O'Mara (Life On Mars), Stephen Lang (Avatar), Mido Hamada (24) and Christine Adams (The Whole Truth)
O'Mara stars as Jim Shannon, the patriarch of a family in the environmentally ravaged year 2149 that is sent way, way, wayyyy back in time to hopefully save humanity. Lang plays the commander of the settlement already established there in prehistoric times, while Adams is the leader of a group of renegade time-hoppers. Steven Spielberg (Jurassic Park), Jon Cassar (24) and Brannon Braga (Star Trek: Enterprise) are among the executive producers.

Up All Night NBC
Christina Applegate (Samantha Who?), Maya Rudolph (Saturday Night Live), Will Arnett (Arrested Development)
Executive-produced by SNL vets Emily Spivey and Lorne Michaels, this comedy follows the lives of a caustic working-mom (Applegate), her stay-at-home hubby (Arnett), and her opinionated parents.

Whitney NBC
Whitney Cummings (Comedy Central), Chris D'Elia (Glory Daze), Beverly D'Angelo (Entourage)
Cummings plays one-half of a handsome young couple in this comedy that examines the ups-and-downs of maintaining a true-blue relationship in today's wonky society.

The X Factor FOX
No one cares.

smash

Post by smash » 14 May 2011 01:12

WTF - Nikita is still on the bubble of getting canceled? Fuck off. Maybe if they didn't run it at Thursdays it could find more audience.

I love that Supernatural is still going (it's renewed again). I like this show, don't get me wrong. It's just that Series Creator, Eric Kripke, left as a writer last year. In part, because he had a definitive plan for the show and that plan had run its course. He has a ironic article from Entertainment Weekly where he says Lost had lost its way by writing to the fans desires instead of sticking to a plan. 2 years ago he was adamant that 5 seasons and out, then he softened to 6. Now it looks like there's a seventh already ordered.