Post by Dex » 14 May 2010 17:58

tbytb

ABC has announced that 4 shows have been canceled;
Romantically Challenged
Better Off Ted
Scrubs
FlashForward

:x

In a retarded chain of events, ABC renewed the train wreck that is V for a second season. WTF

I'm sure most of you have heard that Law & Order has been canceled after 20 years on NBC.

And finally I end with some good news; NBC has renewed Chuck for a fourth 13-episode season. FTW

I'll update if I hear anything else.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

smash

Re: Early 2010 TV cancelations & renewals

Post by smash » 14 May 2010 19:48

Not one of those canceled shows interest me. So meh.

V sucks. So meh.

I never watch L&O so meh.

Chuck... MOTHER FUCKING WIN!!!!!

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 15 May 2010 03:41

NBC just announced they have canceled both Mercy & Trauma.
>_<

They also announced 4 new shows:
* The Cape is a one-hour drama series starring David Lyons (ER) as Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. He is forced into hiding, leaving behind his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin, Life on Mars) and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott, FlashForward). Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken Palm City, Faraday becomes The Cape his son’s favorite comic book superhero — and takes the law into his own hands. Rounding out the cast are James Frain (The Tudors) as billionaire Peter Fleming — The Cape’s nemesis -— who moonlights as the twisted killer: Chess; Keith David (Death at a Funeral) as Max Malini, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince Faraday and trains him to be The Cape; Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as Orwell, an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City; and Dorian Missick (Six Degrees) as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend to Faraday.

* Starring Emmy Award winner Jimmy Smits (NYPD Blue), Outlaw is a new drama from executive producer John Eisendrath (Alias). Cyrus Garza (Smits) is a Supreme Court justice who abruptly quits the high-level position. A playboy and a gambler, Garza had always adhered to a strict interpretation of the law until he realized the system he believed in was flawed. Now that he’s quit the bench and returned to private practice, he’s determined to represent “the little guy” and use his inside knowledge of the justice system to take on today’s biggest legal cases — and he’s making plenty of powerful people unhappy along the way. Jesse Bradford (West Wing), Carly Pope (24), Ellen Woglom (Californication) and David Ramsey (Dexter) also star.

* Emmy Award-winning creator David E. Kelley brings his unique storytelling to Harry’s Law, a series about fate and the people it brings together, starring Academy Award winner Kathy Bates. Harriet (Bates), Matthew (Ben Chaplin, Me and Orson Welles) and Malcolm (Aml Ameen, Kidulthood) couldn’t be any more different. Harriet is a curmudgeonly ex-patent lawyer who, having just been fired from her cushy job, is completely disillusioned with her success and looking for a fresh start. Her world unexpectedly collides with Malcolm’s — a young man trying to figure out life. When he finds out Harriet is a lawyer, he begs her to represent him in an upcoming criminal case. Matthew, a dreamer at heart and also recently fired from his job as a high school teacher, is introduced to Harriet through Malcolm, a previous student of his. When these three cross paths, they realize they’re all looking for a fresh start. Now, the most unlikely of people are starting a law practice in the most unlikely of places — a rundown shoe store. Harry’s Law also stars Brittany Snow (Hairspray) as Harriet’s assistant, Jenna Backstrom and Beatrice Rosen (Dark Knight) as Eve, a high school French teacher.

* From Oscar and Emmy winner Brian Grazer, Friends With Benefits is a half-hour comedy revolving around a group of twentysomething singles as they navigate the difficult, and often confusing, world of dating. Ben Weymouth (Ryan Hansen, Party Down) is on the hunt for the perfect woman who meets his unique set of standards, while his best friend, Sara Maxwell (Danneel Harris, One Tree Hill), is just looking for a man to settle down with and raise a family. Ben and Sara have fallen into the habit of turning to each other for moral and physical support as they wait for Mr. and Ms. Right to arrive. Their friend Aaron (Fran Kranz, Dollhouse), a romantic at heart, doesn’t approve of Ben and Sara’s complicated friendship, but he, along with womanizer Hoon (Ian Reed Kesler) and straight shooter Riley (Jessica Lucas, Cloverfield), are all distracted with their own dating trials and tribulations.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 15 May 2010 04:23

WTF how does Mercy get canceled? Where am I going to get my Trachtenbabe fix now?

*pulls out Buffy box*

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 15 May 2010 04:25

AngelBaby wrote:WTF how does Mercy get canceled? Where am I going to get my Trachtenbabe fix now?

*pulls out Buffy box*
In before Smash makes an awkward sexual reference to "buffy box"

Also, did you notice Summer Glau up thar in The Cape description? That show is doomed for cancellation.

ABC announced 2 new shows:
Shonda Rhimes’ schedule just got a little busier. ABC has picked up the Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice boss’ her latest medical-themed drama, Off the Map, for fall. Additionally,ABC also ordered to series Body of Proof, a crime procedural starring former Desperate Housewife Dana Dalany.

Map, starring Without a Trace grad Enrique Murciano, current Grey’s doc Jason George, and Rhimes fave Martin Henderson, centers on a team of medical professionals who flee the U.S. to work at a clinic on a tropical island. Jenna Bans penned the script and Betsy Beers is exec-producing alongside Rhimes. Body, meanwhile, centers on a brilliant and tenacious medical examiner (Delany) whose background as a neurosurgeon gives her a unique and refreshing crime-solving perspective at the ME’s office — one that often puts her at odds with just about everyone who crosses her path.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 15 May 2010 06:20

Entertainment Weekly says that Heroes is officially canceled.
It seemed inevitable but the news is nonetheless shocking: NBC’s drama Heroes won’t be back for a fifth season. The beleaguered drama only averaged 6.5 million viewers this year. It last aired on Feb. 8, when it only brought in a mere 4.4 million.

The show never managed to recapture those stellar ratings from its critically-beloved first season, when it averaged a whopping 14.5 million. There has been talk that NBC may air a movie that allows the producers to wrap up the story, but nothing has been set in stone. NBC will announce its fall lineup to advertisers Monday in New York.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 15 May 2010 08:26

Ok I have to say I'm pretty fucked off about flashforward. I was really getting into it and starting to care about the characters. Even if Demetri Noh looks like flat top's stunt double out of that awful Warren Beatty Dick Tracy movie.

I don't give a flying rats penis about the other shows. Except maybe for scrubs, but thats just because of Sarah Chalke. Who I want do obscene things to.

This fails more than Smash's attempts to get into AB's frilly knickers.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 15 May 2010 08:27

Dex wrote:
AngelBaby wrote:WTF how does Mercy get canceled? Where am I going to get my Trachtenbabe fix now?

*pulls out Buffy box*
In before Smash makes an awkward sexual reference to "buffy box"

Also, did you notice Summer Glau up thar in The Cape description? That show is doomed for cancellation.

ABC announced 2 new shows:
Shonda Rhimes’ schedule just got a little busier. ABC has picked up the Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice boss’ her latest medical-themed drama, Off the Map, for fall. Additionally,ABC also ordered to series Body of Proof, a crime procedural starring former Desperate Housewife Dana Dalany.

Map, starring Without a Trace grad Enrique Murciano, current Grey’s doc Jason George, and Rhimes fave Martin Henderson, centers on a team of medical professionals who flee the U.S. to work at a clinic on a tropical island. Jenna Bans penned the script and Betsy Beers is exec-producing alongside Rhimes. Body, meanwhile, centers on a brilliant and tenacious medical examiner (Delany) whose background as a neurosurgeon gives her a unique and refreshing crime-solving perspective at the ME’s office — one that often puts her at odds with just about everyone who crosses her path.

I've come to the conclusion that Dex is the bearer of awful news when it comes to television.

smash

Post by smash » 15 May 2010 09:33

Human Target got a season 2.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 15 May 2010 10:13

Yeah I didn't mention that because it was already announced last Tuesday. Old. Lie To Me was also renewed for a 3rd season.

psyper

Post by psyper » 16 May 2010 07:55

So they just thrown in a load of medical and law series' - oh great :(

So when Lost and Flashforward leaves whats going to replace them? Any decent sci-fi shows coming up!?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 16 May 2010 13:33

psyper wrote:So when Lost and Flashforward leaves whats going to replace them? Any decent sci-fi shows coming up!?
Well, V will still be on, if that counts. There are a few new sci fi/action/adventure shows that I am looking forward to...

The Cape, starring Dave Lyons (NBC)

Official synopsis: Lyons plays Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. He is forced into hiding, leaving behind his wife, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin, "Life on Mars") and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott, "Flash Forward"). Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken Palm City, Faraday becomes "The Cape" his son's favorite comic book superhero — and takes the law into his own hands. Also stars Summer Glau.

No Ordinary Family, starring Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz (ABC)

Official synopsis: The Powells are pretty much your average, everyday American family. That is until their plane crashes in the Amazon jungle. After that, well, let's just say the Powells are a little less ordinary. Jim is a frustrated police sketch artist married to Stephanie, a brilliant and successful scientist. Although they still love each other, their marriage has lost some of its spark. All of that changes, though, when Stephanie takes Jim and their two teenage kids along on a research trip to the Amazon. The Powell's plane crashes into a swampy river; they manage to escape, but, their pilot, unfortunately, isn't so lucky. As the Powells gratefully return to their old lives, they are shocked to discover that they have suddenly developed some rather extraordinary abilities. Jim is super strong with amazing reflexes. Stephanie can suddenly move at lightning speed. Daphne can hear everyone's thoughts including those of her 16-year-old-boyfriend, ick! Then there's JJ, who miraculously goes from clueless to brainiac, seemingly overnight. The Powells are reinvigorated by their new powers, but they quickly discover that the toughest challenges may be the most ordinary ones. Sure, they can stop criminals, but all the super powers in the world can't fix emotional problems. The Powells better get their act together, soon, though, because that pilot they left for dead at the bottom of a river... he just woke up. From Brother & Sisters' Greg Berlanti and Jon Feldman comes a wild new dramedy about a totally relatable family who just happen to be a little bit amazing.

Terra Nova starring ? (FOX)

Official synopsis (via EW): Terra Nova, which begins in 2149 A.D. The scene: a large group of settlers are preparing to leave the apocalyptic world they live in to time travel back millions of years via a massive, high-tech contraption. Their goal is to see trees, enjoy a blue sky, eat real food – basically, to start over in this so-called Eden. But what they find is unlike anything they were expecting. Executive producer: Steven Spielberg

Undercovers, starring Boris Kodjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw (NBC)

Official synopsis: Outwardly, Steven Bloom (Kodjoe) and his wife, Samantha (Mbatha-Raw), are a typical married couple who own a small catering company in Los Angeles and are helped by Samantha's easily frazzled younger sister, Lizzy (Jessica Parker Kennedy). Secretly, the duo were two of the CIA's best spies until they fell in love on the job five years ago and retired. When fellow spy and friend Nash (Carter MacIntyre) goes missing while on the trail of a Russian arms dealer, the Blooms are reinstated by boss Carlton Shaw (Gerald McRaney) to locate and rescue Nash. The pair is thrust back into the world of espionage as they follow leads that span the globe — and Steven and Samantha realize that this supercharged, undercover lifestyle provides the excitement and romance that their marriage has been missing. Executive producer (and director of ep 1): J.J. Abrams

The Event, starring Jason Ritter (NBC)

Official synopsis: The Event is an emotional high-octane conspiracy thriller that follows Sean Walker (Ritter, The Class), an Everyman who investigates the mysterious disappearance of his fiancee, Leila (Sarah Roemer, Disturbia), and unwittingly begins to expose the biggest cover-up in U.S. history. Sean's quest will send ripples through the lives of an eclectic band of strangers, including: newly elected U.S. President Martinez (Blair Underwood, Dirty Sexy Money); Sophia (Emmy Award nominee Laura Innes, ER), who is the leader of a mysterious group of detainees; and Sean's shadowy father-in-law (Scott Patterson, Gilmore Girls). Their futures are on a collision course in a global conspiracy that could ultimately change the fate of mankind.

Nikita, starring Maggie Q (The CW)

Official synopsis: None yet. But apparently it's about a newly recruited spy getting trained, so she can track down her predecessor as Nikita. (This one's not officially announced yet, but sources have been telling reporters it's as good as on The CW's fall schedule for a week or so now.)

smash

Post by smash » 16 May 2010 17:56

No Ordinary Family stars Julie Benz, so I will watch with a happy penis...even if it does suck, which I fear it will.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 17 May 2010 06:56

None of those sound twinpeakslostenough.

I want mindbenders.

That said, I'll probably watch The Cape / The Event

psyper

Post by psyper » 17 May 2010 14:57

Cheers Dex :D

Prolly keep an eye out for Terra Nova and The Event - not sure on the rest. I can never understand how these shows get past the tv stations with their synopsis - 'we want to do a tv show about a family that crashes their plane in the jungle and for some reason they all get different special powers. Give me lots of money now.'

The Event will probably end up like 4400 or Flashforward where they spend the whole season trying to work out what happened and get a government taskforce together to solve what it is. Ending up like 4400 or Flashforward isn't too bad in my books.

Wasn't there a tv series about an alien invasion that rains down these pods or something that destroys buildings and turns the lives of a small city block upside down as they try and cope with the event??

Edit: Never mind found it - Day One - once I remember what its called I googled it - it got reduced from 13 eps to 4-ep miniseries - then to a 2hour tv movie then cancelled altogether. Guess it was too much like V. meh
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.