District 9

Film talk.

Moderators: Dex, smash

smash

Re: District 9

Post by smash » 03 Sep 2009 07:11

AngelBaby wrote:
smash wrote:Dex, how am I dead to your for what I held wrong in my opinion. You didn't even hear what my opinion of what I didn't like about the movie.
Full disclosure: I paraphrased for Dex what you told me about your D9 experience after he noticed Mao's post.

I knew this would end badly. You boys play nice!

Someone somewhere got something translated wrong. I didn't deny its artistic value, its story telling, or even it's special effects. But whatev. I'm pretty fucking sick of dex always taking it personally if I don't agree with his opinion on something.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 03 Sep 2009 07:14

Geez, don't take my rant so seriously. Next time I'll add little emoticons to help you. :eek: :? :meow:

Proof of smash's death:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/2823134 ... -21-or-147
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 06 Sep 2009 14:23

Got my region 5 DVD today :dance: gonna watch it right now!

“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 12 Sep 2009 07:35

DONT POINT YOUR FOOKIN TENTACLES AT ME!

Saw it to tonight and went in with HUGE expectation primarily because of this thread. I wasn’t disappointed. I had to drag my gf to it but she was glad I did.

10/10

psyper

Post by psyper » 12 Sep 2009 17:11

gulliver wrote:DONT POINT YOUR FOOKIN TENTACLES AT ME!

Saw it to tonight and went in with HUGE expectation primarily because of this thread. I wasn’t disappointed. I had to drag my gf to it but she was glad I did.

10/10
Saw it on Tuesday - still cant get over it myself. Other half thought it was okay and we spent the drive back home with me patching up all her plot holes with her - now she says she loved it thinking back on it. Definitely getting the DVD. Gotta admit that although star trek was very good d9 is a lot better. Sorry.
Loved all the humans getting vaporised scenes and the one where he's trying to explain to his wife that he never had sex with any prawns.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 12 Sep 2009 21:56

You almost poked my eye out with...with a fookin' lollipop!

I want DVD too.

Motherfucker... Hook me up...Argh :pirate:

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 15 Sep 2009 05:50

I enjoyed it.

It was a bit more action focused than I thought it would be, but it was the good kind of action so can't really complain.

Moon was better though :ph34r:

Mike

Post by Mike » 15 Sep 2009 08:14

my expectations were way too high. i thought wikus was annoying as shit. i probably would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't for his stupid fucking accent.

still gets a thumbs up

psyper

Post by psyper » 24 Sep 2009 22:46

I had a strange dream the other night. I was playing the District 9 game on the xbox; you could either play Wikus, who gets infected and has to infiltrate the MNU headquarters and take the fuel device in order to help Christopher escape or you can play as Christopher himself and have to collect the fuel while hiding or remaining passive against the MNU soldiers or you could play an MNU soldier and try and gather up the Prawns in to their new concentration/refugee camp. Its all based on first person shooter which seems to be all the fashion with the xbox at the moment. Had some slick graphics - well it was a dream!!

Anyway - District 9: The Game. You heard it here first!!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.