Mass Effect

Gamer talk.

Moderator: Dex

Seriously

Mass Effect

Post by Seriously » 24 Nov 2007 20:59

Is entrancing.

I spent probably about 20 minutes getting my face right. I wanted to make her pretty, but not too pretty.

I rolled Vanguard, but I probably just should have went with Soldier because I'm not really using my biotics (magic) at all. I personally usually prefer bastard classes to specialties though, even though I won't get the super-awesome high-level skills. So depending on your playstyle it might be better to specialize in either Soldier, Adept or Engineer (the pure classes) as opposed to Infiltrator(S/E), Vanguard(S/A), or Sentinel(A/E).

I've also realized I'm a little too goody-two shoes and am trying to be more of a jerk these days. Need to find more assholes to slap down. Also, I hardly ever use the rest of my squad. I never do in games like this.

Also, it's not a shooter, charging into the middle of an enemy formation is a bad idea, although rushing a single enemy works wonders.

I'm not very far into the storyline, so I'm just now getting acquainted with how the tank works. I also don't know how to make people fall in love with you, even though I max out my charm like a motherfucker.

I am so goddamn charming.

There's a book! It is a prequel and it probably isn't very good.

Anyways, offhand I'd say this game will have some replay value if only for the branching conversations. I was thinking about making two profiles and playing one normally and one as a complete cock bite.

Hortnon

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Hortnon » 25 Nov 2007 04:54

I beat it a couple days ago, with the "Completionist" achievement. Unemployment has its advantages.

I enjoyed it, but that's because I liked KOTOR a lot. Kinda short when compared to old RPG's, but oh well. Took me a while to get used to the combat. And I fucking hated the driving sections. Some of the achievements you get have tangible in-game benefits, like +10% shields for all characters on that gamertag.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 26 Nov 2007 00:22

^^^
So are you not in the Air Force anymore?

I noticed your avatar is gone and your location is different.

Hortnon

Post by Hortnon » 26 Nov 2007 02:11

Separated a couple weeks ago after 4 years. They wouldn't let me re-enlist because they're switching the programmer career field to all contract workers.
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 26 Nov 2007 13:47

This game is one of those games that keeps looking at me with it's doe eyes saying "just buy a 360, you'll be happier, trust me"....but I still can't bring myself to buy one.

I love games that push forward the narrative aspects of any genre, especially sci-fi. Whilst I agree casual games have their place, I am glad that a lot of developers these days are starting to take note of the fact that there are a lot of people who really like a deep and engrossing game with decent acting, script and production values just as much as they enjoy the same qualities in movies.

I just got a new laptop from work, and it's running a lot of new games quite well, so it might tide me over until January sales hits, and even though it's "exclusive", the games for windows brand isn't really drawing in the punters, so a new IP might just be worth porting over to pc within the next year so fingers crossed :(

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 06 Jan 2008 22:08

Well, I learned to use my magic and my squad.

Once I landed on Virmire I couldn't stop playing until I won the game. Complete shift in tone.

Want to know how I roll? Inferno rounds through a scram rail and frictionless materials in my spectre shottie (all level IX or X) and I am become death, the shatterer of worlds.

10 husks charge me. O RLY? 12 seconds of continous fire, don't even need my team. All I need now to be the ultimate is medium colossus armor.

Also, Kaiden is the only correct choice of person to have sex with. Ashley's a bigot with a long neck and Liara is weird and socially inept and Wrex won't have me no matter how hard I try.

Just thought I'd let you guys know these things.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 07 Jan 2008 04:03

:unsure:

I think I might need a 360.

smash

Post by smash » 07 Jan 2008 19:14

AngelBaby wrote:

That would be awesome.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 07 Jan 2008 21:12

Bah. I've been saying as much to Dexy for months now, but I just can't seem to fully justify the purchase.

Specially after pre-Xmas getting an iPod touch, and now having to pay the post-Xmas credit card bill.

I lose. :(

Mike

Post by Mike » 08 Jan 2008 14:34

AngelBaby wrote:

I just bought a new one today. I plan on modding my old one.

Join the revolution! 8)

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 02 Feb 2008 23:57

If my ideal woman was an RPG, it would be Mass Effect on the 360.

And like all women, all the driving missions would drive me absolutely fucking bananas.

But I haven't had a chance to roll in the hay with 'baby at the old square dance, and I am not claiming to have had yet..

My ideal sex-surrogate would be Tali, but stubborn minded hard-coding will just not let me have my way...

That voice could make anyone splooge in a spinach sandwich..

Hortnon

Post by Hortnon » 04 Feb 2008 09:38

UncleMao wrote: And like all women, all the driving missions would drive me absolutely fucking bananas.
The only reason I didn't beat ALL of the quests was I fucking despised every moment in the stupid car-thing. The survey quests were the only ones I didn't end up doing.
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 06 Feb 2008 18:25

AngelBaby wrote:Bah. I've been saying as much to Dexy for months now, but I just can't seem to fully justify the purchase.

Specially after pre-Xmas getting an iPod touch, and now having to pay the post-Xmas credit card bill.

You know what I just heard?
BLAH BLAH BLAH LESBIAN BLAH BLAH EXCUSES BLAH
It was a typical AB convo if you ask me :dance:
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Bob

Post by Bob » 09 Jul 2008 09:03

AngelBaby wrote:Bah. I've been saying as much to Dexy for months now, but I just can't seem to fully justify the purchase.

Next week the 360 is gonna drop $50 and gain 40 gigs after E3

There might be your incentive AB ;)

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 09 Jul 2008 09:28

^^^
And I was saying as much to Dex just last week. Come on Microsuck, don't let me down.