Hey Bob!

Gamer talk.

Moderator: Dex

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Hey Bob!

Post by Dex » 15 Sep 2010 02:41

Wow, you keep those vertical? That's a really bad idea. And what the hell was wrong with your other console that you needed to spend $400?
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Bob

Post by Bob » 15 Sep 2010 06:04

My only place to lay it down is on top of the directv receiver which gets kinda warm. Id like to get some spacers, but I'm not sure even then it would be good putting it that close to that warm box. The other xbox has like 1gig of free space that is forever running out. I actually have to delete paid DLC and re-download when I want to play it. So Ive been wanting a bigger hard drive. My insides dont match the original case and its been out of warranty for years. So I look at it like this

$130 250Gig HD (im going to spend regardless)
$60 Reach (im going to spend regardless)
$120 2 controllers (I only needed one since I have 3 already but oh well now I can give one away with the console)
=
$310 of stuff that id have to pay for anyway because I was going to eventually

that makes the new xbox about 90 considering what id pay for those things separately

Now factor in the old xbox
$100 for old console with 20gb hd

And now Im 10 dollars better off. Its like buying those same things and trading my old xbox for a newer one and an extra 10$. (not counting the 30$ bestbuy gave me for the promotion also not counting the 400$ I spent that went to rewards points)

Wireless isnt an issue I'm wired right there. Its just a nice feature to have if I need to move it around, but still I wont count it.

AND finally I get a newer xbox under warranty now.

so it kinda made sense.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 15 Sep 2010 10:23

You made.......

An excellent deal ^_^

smash

Post by smash » 15 Sep 2010 18:49

I, on the other hand, made a terrible deal when I traded in my original XBox 360.

Game stop was buying back the parts on a preorder of the new system. I decided to give mine to family instead; a huge mistake. Right then, my brother got a job again driving trucks, so giving him the system was pointless. My sister didn't want me to give it to my middle niece, as she was likely to just sell it on Craigslist. My oldest niece already owned one (got it when she bought a furniture plus best buy deal).

I took it up to Game Stop a week after buying the new system. For the Premiere system, 20gb HDD, 1 controller, and rapid play n charge, I got a whole $70.

I fail worse than Bob.

Bob

Post by Bob » 15 Sep 2010 21:46

Dex wrote:You made.......

An excellent deal ^_^
Thank you ;)

I hate gamestop. They then turn around and will sell your system with no hard drive used for 120$

the only time I used to trade games with them was when they gave better deals to compete with another company in the same mall doing the same thing. Somehow or other I used to be able to buy a newer used game for 54.95 play it and sell it back to them while it was still selling used at that same price and make like .25 everytime I did it since I was using their reward card with the extra bonus on trade ins and purchases of used games. When they stopped doing it I had like 10$ on a gift card built up from the trades.

now the only time I "buy" from them is to rent games.I buy a used game I dont really feel like owning but want to play. Then I return within 7 days no problem.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 16 Sep 2010 03:32

^^^ you should check amazon.com's trade-in program next time. I found that most games (and movies) were at least 10% higher in "store credit" vs gamestop, and newer games were much higher than that. They even pay for shipping the old games, you just have to prepare the box and drop it off at UPS/FedEX.

I traded in 10 games two months ago, and got about $160 in credit. Those same items would have been bought back from gamestop for about $90 - and not only do you get more from amazon, but you can use the credit on ANYTHING, where at gamestop you can only buy games.

I used my credit to preorder Reach, which also had ZERO tax, and only $0.99 for guaranteed release date delivery. Tuesday at 2:00 in the afternoon, with nothing out of pocket;

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 25 Sep 2010 15:49

I got 99 problems but sucking at halo ain't one

psyper

Post by psyper » 26 Sep 2010 15:59

Dex wrote:I got 99 problems but sucking at halo ain't one
Well done Dex - you have less of a RL than everyone else. Only kiddin - genuine well done
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 27 Sep 2010 05:22

psyper wrote:Well done Dex - you have less of a job than everyone else.
Corrected.

Big team CTF last night

Bob

Post by Bob » 27 Sep 2010 22:08

Yeah I see that your rank keeps going up and I cant seem to catch you. I play for a couple of hours when i come home but even that might dwindle now that dead rising is about to come out.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 04 Oct 2010 07:22

Yeah well I just played:

Bulletstorm
Medal of Honor
Killzone 3(D)
Crysis 2
Brink
Goldeneye Wii
Vanquish
Gears of War 3

at the eurogamer expo in london. So neh neh!