Dirty Bird

Jock talk.
AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Dirty Bird

Post by AngelBaby » 24 Aug 2007 04:48

So it looks like Michael Vick is going to jail. Not for dogfighting, since that's not a federal crime, but I suppose for organizing a gambling enterprise across state lines.

Predictably, the NAACP is the only group coming to his defense, saying this shouldn't keep him from playing in the NFL again someday. And NBA player Stephon Marbury has also just made a statement claiming that dogfighting is a legitimate sport, comparable to hunting.

Anyone have any thoughts on all this?

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 24 Aug 2007 20:05

Mr. Marbury either doesn't know what he's talking about or he's another cruel bastard.

So if dogfighting were a motherfucking legitimate sport it wouldn't be a felony in 48 states, yes? If it were a legitimate sort of activity then there would be licenses and seasons and official dog fighting areanas with official rules of conduct that you could find on google maps and they would have street signs and you wouldn't have to pay off the police to have your fight in peace and

Dogfighting is not

NOT

a legitimate sport.

You take dogs and you put them in cages and you beat and starve them and then you put them together and laugh and point as they lose their minds and try to rip each other's throats out so they can win the prize of maybe getting a harrassment-free night's sleep and maybe (just maybe) you will let them have the ultimate prize of breeding so their kids can go through the same thing. You will run low on dogs so you get them off the street or you take them from someone else while they're not looking.

Yeah I know about dog fighting. This isn't some Best In Show shit, this is dog carcasses strewn all over the road after a rip-roaring friday night, apparently run over by a car.

As for the illustrious Michael Vick, well, I've got some Bad Newz, homeslice.

This isn't snorting cocaine, Micky. This isn't anabolic steroids. This is not a victimless crime. You are officially an asshole.

BUT,

I don't see what the problem is.

Of course he can try to get on a football team after paying the debt that society has chosen to give him.

By all means, try to get on any of them.

EDIT: I have been ignoring this issue because I knew it would make me mad, so I'm only recently even wiki-informed on it.

If it turns out Mr. Vick really did have no idea of the goings-on at that place he owned then he's just stupid.

I have exactly as much sympathy for him as he has for a pitbull that doesn't fight as advertised, whatever that turns out to be.

Mike

Post by Mike » 25 Aug 2007 11:43

How anybody can put an animal through that is beyond me.

Not cool, not cool at all.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 25 Aug 2007 11:46

OH SHI-

:shock:

Seriously

Re: Dirty Bird

Post by Seriously » 16 Sep 2007 11:44

So now it seems that the only safe athletic role models to have are Micheal Jordan, and, I don't know Nolan Ryan

(I do not know sports)

God I hope those two aren't pedophiles.

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 17 Sep 2007 00:23

I'm not sure what makes me more angry: the dog fighting and cruelty or the fact that every retard black celebrity has to come to it's defense because the guilty party is also black.

They (black people) were ready to put a bullet in that old white guy for saying 'nappy headed hoe'. This black guy kills dogs as a weekend pass time and they think he's being scapegoated and should be let go with an apology.

Fire Whoopie Goldberg (on air saying dog fighting is a part of black southern culture. Hey Whoopie, so was hanging black people not too long ago but that's hardly considered okay now is it?)
Fire Jaime Fox and never hire him onto any movie again.

Break this fat fucking retard Vick's knees. Allow him to do whatever he wants after that but it sure won't be football. Oh and take all his money away from him. Maybe tie him up to his own 'rape cage' and let a few of his former victims have a go at him?
DLT Prom Queen 4 years running.

exelis

Post by exelis » 23 Sep 2007 10:17

Oh shit. Take cover, people.

I agree with Eamon.

smash

Post by smash » 26 Sep 2007 18:55

eamon angelface wrote:I'm not sure what makes me more angry: the dog fighting and cruelty or the fact that every retard black celebrity has to come to it's defense because the guilty party is also black.

They (black people) were ready to put a bullet in that old white guy for saying 'nappy headed hoe'. This black guy kills dogs as a weekend pass time and they think he's being scapegoated and should be let go with an apology.
Jamie Foxx was on Howard Stern yesterday and he said 'he's black so you know I gotta stand by a brutha..' then he said 'but he's making it hard cuz you know he's fucked up... like OJ'.

He went on to admit he knows he's hypocritical but he has to... he equated it to a 'black credit card' and it's at the max with OJ and Michael Vick.

I agree with Exelis and Eamon, that is total bullshit. That's making it about race, which is not what it is about at all.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 29 Sep 2007 00:04

EDIT: Oh god I posted a terrible thing just now.