Whats in your Pockets

Geek talk.

Moderators: Dex, smash

Bob

Whats in your Pockets

Post by Bob » 03 Aug 2009 07:45

Im kind of a techie so I cant go anywhere without having some gadgets in my pockets. So it got me wondering what you people carry in your pockets or purses if you should happen to swing that way.

Ill start it off. Here's whats in mine (tech related obviously)

Treo 755P for sprint. Ive had this phone for 2 years its been through a lot as you can tell.
Blackberry 8330 VZW. This phone is a year old or so.
Zune 80gb for music duh
Motorola H790. I only use this when I'm in the car driving.

And I soon will have this.
Blackberry 9630 hopefully tomorrow.

Now whats in your pants?

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Re: Whats in your Pockets

Post by AngelBaby » 03 Aug 2009 08:19

^^^
lawl u have a ZZZune
. :lol:

Bob

Post by Bob » 03 Aug 2009 20:03

yeah so :blush:

I had an ipod I liked the zune better and I use the music pass

smash

Post by smash » 04 Aug 2009 03:37

ok peeps, what should I do?

My verizon contract is up, and i'm fairly content with my treo 700wx.

However, corporate wants to take over my account and get a bulk discount on all the verizon services...they aren't really asking. They pay 100% of my bill. We also have AT&T corporate plan. Except in either case, they'll try to railroad me into buying on the corporate plan, which doesn't include the iPhone.

I can stay on Verizon and upgrade to the HTC... I've heard some really good things, but I'm leary. Downside, I am a bit strapped for cash til next paycheck.

I can cancel and switch and use AT&T with iPhone and a personal expensed account, but I'll catch hell for it. Also, AT&T service is WAY inferior to Verizon. I use both companies aircards, and I can guarantee you in this area the coverage is like 5 times better. Plus I have to buy a new phone...I'm a bit strapped til at least next paycheck.

I can stay where I am at where they will take me over. This costs me nothing. I can (hopefully) switch to the HTC regardless of being in the corporate plan or not.

:S

Bob

Post by Bob » 04 Aug 2009 04:04

I hear HTC makes some good ones. I personally hate Windows mobile phones, but maybe I'm biased. I had that exact same treo for like 28 days and returned it for the 700p. Then as soon as the 755p came out I got that. I had to reset that 700w phone like every frickin day by taking the battery out. 700p did it like once a week and the 755 was more like once a month. The blackberry that I have Ive never had to reset it aside from installing an application that required it in over a year.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 04 Aug 2009 04:42

Instead of 2 old clunky phones, and an inferior MP3 player, I just have my iPhone.
Music, movies, camera, web, mail, chat, games, apps, phone, text... no need for anything else in my pockets.

Except my wallet, car keys and my 2 access badges for work (parking/elevators & department doors)
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Bob

Post by Bob » 04 Aug 2009 05:51

But your iphone cant do what 2 phones can and that is have separate numbers. Also having 2 separate batteries is a plus in the event one runs out. Ive carried 2 phones around for over 2 years now I feel like im missing something if one isnt there.. My blackberry has a media player I could play music and movies on it; it even has a standard headphone jack. However, Im using huge size of the hard drive in the zune for bigger movies and bigger music collection.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 04 Aug 2009 11:26

Bob wrote:But your iphone cant do what 2 phones can and that is have separate numbers.
False. If you really need 2 phone numbers (I don't know why you would) there is a Google Voice app.
Free to download, separates your GV phone number into it's own calls/SMS/voicemail category.
Bob wrote:Also having 2 separate batteries is a plus in the event one runs out.
I have an iPod/iPhone charging cable in my car, at my desk at work (dock) and at home. I've never come close to >15% battery, and I use it all day long. I even took it with me to San Diego last weekend, and it lasted over 50 hours on a single charge.
Bob wrote:Im using huge size of the hard drive in the zune for bigger movies and bigger music collection.
I have 8GB of music on my phone, which is 1,500+ songs. It would take me well over 4 days to listen to every single song.

Are you really away from your PC/laptop THAT much? You make it sound like you are gone for weeks at a time, where you would need gigs and gigs of entertainment. I think you just like having your pockets bulge so ladies won't notice the lack of bulge in the middle of your pants.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 04 Aug 2009 11:42

wut if u don't have pockets a lot of the time? :blonde:

Bob

Post by Bob » 05 Aug 2009 02:52

Ok dex you win Im selling both my phones and MP3 player, cancelling the accounts, and getting an iphone with AT&T. Defensive much? Geeze

Ill start another thread for you if you want. "Why I dont have an Iphone... or dex bashes me for not having the same opinion"
AngelBaby wrote:wut if u don't have pockets a lot of the time? :blonde:
Thats why I put purses for you ^_^

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 05 Aug 2009 03:13

I just told you what was in my pockets; you're the one who started defending having 2 phones, 2 numbers, 2 batteries & a large storage media player... and pointing out why it was better than my iPhone. Why don't I get to defend as well?

I used to have my work cell (Blackberry), my personal cell phone, and my iPod Touch in my pockets... and now I just have my iPhone. Simple as that.

Sensitive Bob is sensitive.

smash

Post by smash » 05 Aug 2009 07:35

I want an iPhone, no question. I don't want AT&T.

I rarely feel the need to carry music around with me, so that's kinda moot as a point.

Two phone numbers? Why?

Two batteries, I gotta side with dex. Less chargers, better. I'd immediately buy one for work, one for home, one for car and one for travel. That's 3 additional chargers. Why would I want all that for a second device too?

I guess the biggest question is can I shell out the few hundy for any new phone. If I do, is it worth crossing over to AT&T? Oh and can I adapt to the soft keyboard?

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 05 Aug 2009 08:05

smash wrote:I want an iPhone, no question. I don't want AT&T.

I rarely feel the need to carry music around with me, so that's kinda moot as a point.

Two phone numbers? Why?

Two batteries, I gotta side with dex. Less chargers, better. I'd immediately buy one for work, one for home, one for car and one for travel. That's 3 additional chargers. Why would I want all that for a second device too?

I guess the biggest question is can I shell out the few hundy for any new phone. If I do, is it worth crossing over to AT&T? Oh and can I adapt to the soft keyboard?
Keep in mind that you can buy an iPhone for full price ($500 I think), and jailbreak it (free), and then go to any carrier (for example, T-Mobile) and sign the usual 2-year contract BS, and get their free phone. Then take the sim chip out of your new phone and put it in your iPhone.
You now have a T-Mobile serviced iPhone. Just make sure your contract has that $30 data plan (same for all smartphones, like the blackberry)

The only major problem with this is you can't use Verizon, since they don't have sim chips. And Verizon really is the best service provider.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 06 Aug 2009 03:17

My left hand is currently in my left pock, casually rolling my nuts around as I read this thread.

smash

Post by smash » 06 Aug 2009 08:50

gulliver wrote:My left hand is currently in my left pock, casually rolling my nuts around as I read this thread.
omg twinz.