iPOD VERSUS THE WORLD: MP3 PLAYERS BATTLE TO THE DEATH

Geek talk.

Moderators: Dex, smash

Seriously

iPOD VERSUS THE WORLD: MP3 PLAYERS BATTLE TO THE DEATH

Post by Seriously » 01 Feb 2007 22:39

So a few months ago the gut-wrenching pain of not having music in a handy hand-sized device became unbearable, so I lurched doubled-over into a Best Buy and snatched up the first small white rectangle I saw, which was of course an iPod.

I researched this decision not at all, but I've never had any regrets about that as it served and continues to serve my simple purposes.

HOWEVER

I've become strangely fascinated with an apparent bitter rivalry between the iPod People and Zunistas, as well as with the Zune itself, although I continue not to want one.

What is the deal? I figured such things would come down to bullet point lists of features, pro/con columns and other quantifiables, but emotion has entered into the equation at some point.

Anyways, I was motivated to learn more about mp3 players in general, and wasn't surprised at all to learn that straight technologywise some of the "independent" (I know Creative's been around for a while, but I've the sneaking suspicion there's a Gates vs. Jobs going on so I can't break metaphor) brands are more bang per buck, i.e. the Zen Vision.

I understand the power of image (worked on me), but why are some otherwise intelligent people making it between 2 brands?

And just what are the dis/advantages to the various sorts of mp3 players, according to you, the viewers?

What I am saying is what mp3 player would you rationally espouse and why?

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 02 Feb 2007 01:36

I don't have an opinion on the mp3 thingy but I can tell you one thing else that's going to come out of this JobGate thing.

An Apple gaming console.

It'll be the Jesus of Next Gen gaming, whatever the fuck that means.

iPlay - see even the name rocks!

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 02 Feb 2007 02:33

iPod everyday of the week and twice on Sunday...because it just makes me happy. ^_^

When Apple finally releases the fullscreen, touchscreen iPod, I will buy one and name him George. And I will love him, and hug him, and pet him, and squeeze him... :wub: