The Grudge

This is where all the posts that appeared on the old front page (June '04 - January '05) are stored (back when the site was run using IPB Portal).
grey_fox24

Post by grey_fox24 » 29 Sep 2004 07:13

I'd apply for cushion status, but that role is taken. <_<

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 29 Sep 2004 07:18

Dex wrote:Someone should do a RE-MAKE of JSD.

He sucks almost as much balls as Ju-On :omfg:
<span style='font-family:Tahoma'><span style='color:green'>I hate you. :cry: </span></span>

Thalia

Post by Thalia » 29 Sep 2004 07:21

grey_fox24 wrote: I'd apply for cushion status, but that role is taken.&nbsp; <_<
I get very, very scared so if I squeeze him so hard that he suffocates, you can take over!

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 29 Sep 2004 07:33

<span style='font-family:Tahoma'><span style='color:green'>Hey Justin, you want a 35mm trailer for The Grudge? :O

Unfortunately, we don't have any posters for the movie. I lose.</span></span>

joemizzle

Post by joemizzle » 29 Sep 2004 07:33

I liked The Ring and I figured I would have been more scared from it if a friend hadn't warned me that it seems to end, then it goes on a bit more. So I was always expecting something more and the climax wasn't that frightening to me. But I can't avoid watching it on HBO. I think it was a pretty good movie overall, but it didn't really scare me.

As for the Grudge, I've been excited to see this since I saw the preview. I mean, besides Sarah Michelle Gellar being a part of it, it looks genuinely creepy. And that appealed to me. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Saw looks fuct up too.

mojomacman

Post by mojomacman » 29 Sep 2004 07:50

Phife wrote:Man that is a kick-ass website for the Grudge...Who knows if the movie will be good or not?

I am a little creeped out by the website actually...I need to be held...*shivers*

The Grudge was made by Big Spaceship, a web design shop in NYC. www.bigspaceship.com
They also did the site for Identity which was pretty creepy.

IndyBill

Post by IndyBill » 29 Sep 2004 09:09

I went to the Grudge site and the interactive part was cool. From the previews I seen last night it looked like it is going to be good! In the Ring I liked the beginning and the end. The middle of the movie was boring. If the Grudge has some scares all the way thru, Id think it would be a good one.

Indy

Tora_Torrance

Post by Tora_Torrance » 29 Sep 2004 11:41

If you like horror movies. Then you might go check out White Noise. A horror movie about the dead's voice captured on tapes, videos and pictures.

<a href='http://www.aaevp.com' target='_blank'>This</a> site tells it all.
Last edited by Tora_Torrance on 29 Sep 2004 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

mattplante

Post by mattplante » 29 Sep 2004 13:55

What the hell is that how to fold a t-shirt thing? How is that possible? I don't get it.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 29 Sep 2004 22:05

American remake of Jap flicks is stupidestdestdestdest.

Justin is stupid.

American Ring is stupid. Ooh Ghost horse...I so scared...hug me please...

"The grudge ?" - Puhleeeessssse.

USA should remake their own shit... Like "V"

I buy ticket to watch that...

...twice

You could even cast Kevin Costner :O

Purge

Post by Purge » 29 Sep 2004 23:26

Everyone knows that the Seed of Chuckie will be the scariest movie of the season....

:omfg: :blink:

<a href='http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/ ... hucky.html' target='_blank'>http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/ ... ky.html</a>

reservrdg8

Post by reservrdg8 » 29 Sep 2004 23:53

White Noise will be badass.

Borjan

Post by Borjan » 30 Sep 2004 01:52

The Japanese folding was by far the best part of the post.

Time to get practicing.... :ph34r:
Last edited by Borjan on 30 Sep 2004 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 30 Sep 2004 08:19

Sampson wrote:
Seriously wrote: <span style='color:maroon'>I read the books.

That is to say, I read Ring and Spiral.

Translated, obviously.

They're so much not like the movies.</span>
Were they better or worse?
<span style='color:maroon'>They're not the best. It goes one way in the first book, then the second book retcons the story almost beyond recognition, going from supernatural to science fiction.

I prefer the movie, even though the only thing the movies and the books have in common is the presence of a video tape, a reporter, and a girl.

I'll probably end up buying the third book (Loop) when it comes out to round out the trilogy, though.</span>
Last edited by Seriously on 30 Sep 2004 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

shanks

Post by shanks » 30 Sep 2004 13:55

there were actually 4 ju-on in total. all straight to video releases in japan. ju-on 2 was actually the prequel to ju-on 1. ju-on 3 and 4 are just recycled version of ju-on 1 but on higher definition video. basically, the first ju-on was ok for me. the rest just plain suck.

lights off, volume high, it actually kept me on the edge of my seat. but when i watched them again with my gf, my bones almost jumped out of my skin coz my gf screamed every single time that ghost-bitch or sick-blue-boy appear. alrite, i am a little pussy whenever my gf scream for no apparent reason. i m just not prepared for them!

anyway, the ring sucks. american or japanese, both sucks. they are really boring. but i m one of those minorities that said that it sucks. there are actually a lof of ppl like justin's ex gf who finds it scary. really stupid. unfortunately, my gf thinks so too.

i think the grudge would be a great horror film. the number 1 reason is due to the higher definition video and better sound. The japanese ju-on 1 looks grainy and lacks of music score.