Why is this place so dead?

Smash

Post by Smash » 22 Feb 2006 01:55

Eamon,

I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm being serious.

First off, starting an inane topic like this will spark the usual inane responses 'balls' 'I peed on myself' etc.

If you are bemoaning the lack of activity on the site, there are several reasons for this.

#1 time of year, pretty much all of the forums are down in commentary. TJNR's douches aside...but their conversations are generally like watching monkey's sling poo at each other.
#2 Justin's 'fake' site down for good scare on Feb 1 killed some of the activity.
#3 the forums returning to the back burner from the main site has removed a lot of the new faces. Which I'm sure most of us old school regulars will agree IS A GOOD THING.

Personally, I've had quite a bit of real life interfere with my internet playing. The last 4 or 5 months have been hectic with first changing jobs, and second buying a house. Add to that, I've kind of lost interest as my time ONLINE has been spent focusing on certain particular things.

Eventually, I'll be back in the groove. That's kind of the point, there are some steady rocks of opinions: steampunk, puzzlehead, mao, but its rough to synch up people's 'soapboxing' properly for busy activity.

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 22 Feb 2006 02:08

Me? How the hell did I get dragged into this? <_<

Puzzlehead is disarming.

Mao's racial insults are typically amusing.

And me? I make pedantic comments that fly over most folks' heads or simply cause them to groan.

The only reason I still check in is to see the proverbial simian-poo-flinging or to see if AB will finally cave and post a picture other than her profile.*

* Aforesaid picture not guaranteed to represent AB or the correct anatomy. :P

Smash

Post by Smash » 22 Feb 2006 02:31

steampunk wrote:Me?  How the hell did I get dragged into this?  <_<

Puzzlehead is disarming.

Mao's racial insults are typically amusing.

And me?  I make pedantic comments that fly over most folks' heads or simply cause them to groan.

The only reason I still check in is to see the proverbial simian-poo-flinging or to see if AB will finally cave and post a picture other than her profile.*

* Aforesaid picture not guaranteed to represent AB or the correct anatomy.   :P

You are definitely on about your pedantic comments and the groaning part, pal!

And, yes, this site definitely needs more Angelbaby.

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 22 Feb 2006 03:40

Ok next time I'll try and make a better topic.

That post was at least positive. In fact aside from an unchoice few this post has resulted in some good feedback.

I'm mostly just glad the TJNR jackasses have gone back home to their wasteland of faggotry.

I started a post there yesterday that erupted into a lot of crying on their parts and dozens of pm's to me from people who are fed up with the state of things there.

If I had more time I'd probably do more but I have a lot of work to catch up on.

The offending post in question read like...
Does anyone else hate me?

I just looked in the mirror and instinctively threw a punch. Luckily my girlfriend was standing in front of me or I would have hit the mirror and hurt my hand."
Of course, because their real lives are rooted in their internet personas, they took that to be serious and an actual account of something that happened and not a comment on a fictional, absurd high point of self loathing.

They are stupids.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 22 Feb 2006 04:47

<span style='color:maroon'>I may be wrong, but a lot of forums in this part of the internet are pretty dead.

Possibly because the internet is just a fad.

Also, everytime people start discussing Tijner, I totally visit it.</span>
Last edited by Seriously on 22 Feb 2006 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

payne

Post by payne » 22 Feb 2006 05:21

ok, somebody gotta fill me in, wtf is tjnr and what does bff stand for?

*i apologize in advance for being a tad retarded* :rolleyes:

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 22 Feb 2006 06:22

No idea what tjnr stands for but bff is for butt fuckin fever. Everyone around here has it.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 22 Feb 2006 09:29

payne wrote:ok, somebody gotta fill me in, wtf is tjnr and what does bff stand for?

*i apologize in advance for being a tad retarded* :rolleyes:
<span style='color:maroon'>Tijnur is an acronym for a website: thatsjustnotright.com

It was an earlier iteration of Fubar, which is not any one particular website, but is to my mind is whatever site Justin is posting pictures of celebrities and every so often making posts about his DVDs, games, or questions about the world that we all seem to find amusing.

However, Tijnur, while it was Fubar, came into new ownership, and other things happened, I'm actually not completely sure what, something to do with low-quality membership? Anyways, there were bad feelings involved maybe because some of the forum members had issues with the guy who held the deed to the site, and there were rumors of dark and shady things. And Justin made this one, and some of us forsook Tijnur for the new Fubar when he left and swore powerful oaths to never go back, because the internet is serious business.

This is a fun history lesson, yes? I don't even know if this is right.

So, Tijnur was Fubar, but now Tijnur is called Tijnur to distinguish it from Don'lekthe (dontlinkthis, dnlkth, Don'lekthe, like that? I just made it up, and it won't stick because it is an awkward word), which is now actually Fubar.

I know, helpful, right?

Interestingly, there is no site with the URL "fuckedupbeyondallrecognition".

Also, I was given to understand that "bff" stands for "best friend forever" (and occasionally "best fuck(ing) friend"?), which is my more than a paltry "best friend" or even "bestest friend".

I actually didn't know that for the longest time, either.

"wtf" stands for "What the fuck". You may have already knew that one.

EDIT: I checked your profile, because for some reason I'd thought I'd seen you around the boards for longer than your question would indicate, and it turns out you were born a year and a day after I was.

So, you are my eleven.</span>
Last edited by Seriously on 22 Feb 2006 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 22 Feb 2006 10:42

Christ, do we have to go through this again..its been discussed a hundred times before.

doppletwo

Post by doppletwo » 22 Feb 2006 11:03

BlackMage wrote:Christ, do we have to go through this again..its been discussed a hundred times before.

Someone should write a script about it, but the girl should really commit suicide. And the site should be a front for a bootleg DVD operation that has to fight the Triads for DVD territory.

And that whole thing with the fake pink hair girl that and the Chobot should be in it.

MTV films would produce it. They will make anything.

Has anybody been to <a href='http://Junk-fued.com' target='_blank'>Junk-fued.com</a> ?

The wirter of it has been gone for two months, but the site has maintained about 23,000 hits a week. Which isn't huge, but is pretty good for her not being there.

Right now the comments on one of the posts has gone crazy.

Its pretty weird.

LA was the one who invented Margaret<a href='http://sorryigotdrunk.com/archives/margaret/' target='_blank'>Margaret</a>

Anyways I guess this is off topic, but I don't think you can be banned here or something.

I mean what was the deal with the raff guy.

He was so ridiculously lame.

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 22 Feb 2006 11:05

BlackMage wrote:Christ, do we have to go through this again..its been discussed a hundred times before.
<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>Know what you should do? Cry about it.</span></span>
Seriously wrote:<span style='color:maroon'>Anyways, there were bad feelings involved maybe because some of the forum members had issues with the guy who held the deed to the site, and there were rumors of dark and shady things. And Justin made this one, and some of us forsook Tijnur for the new Fubar when he left and swore powerful oaths to never go back, because the internet is serious business.</span>
<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>I laughed when I read this, though I'm not entirely sure why.

Then again, I might be lying. I just might totally know why I laughed.</span></span>

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 22 Feb 2006 11:14

May I proceed to hurt you many times with a blunt object?

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 22 Feb 2006 11:37

I'm quite certain bff stands for butt fuckin fever.

tjnr stands for The Justin Rapes Nlack people.

He has serious bff.

I suspect no one is moderating this mutherfucker. I would like to because I wouldn't do anything.

payne

Post by payne » 22 Feb 2006 16:38

EDIT: I checked your profile, because for some reason I'd thought I'd seen you around the boards for longer than your question would indicate, and it turns out you were born a year and a day after I was.

So, you are my eleven.

hahaha alright.. thx for the info :wub:
Last edited by payne on 22 Feb 2006 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Justin

Post by Justin » 22 Feb 2006 17:52

i have an upskirt picture of angelbaby

fact