The Closed Button Icon

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 31 Jan 2006 05:47

Jack-In-The-Box is its own company but also owns Qdoba Mexican Grill.
In 'n Out is also its own company
Hardee's and Carl's Jr are the same
McDonald's bought out Roy Rogers and Chipotle

And right about now I would kill for a Krispy Kreme doughnut

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 31 Jan 2006 08:29

puzzlehead wrote:And right about now I would kill for a Krispy Kreme doughnut
<a href='http://www.hersheys.com/cookies/product ... ookies.asp' target='_blank'>These things</a> are just about as good as Krispy Kreme donuts.

Best cookies I've ever had.

bligityblah

Post by bligityblah » 31 Jan 2006 08:54

puzzlehead wrote:Jack-In-The-Box is its own company but also owns Qdoba Mexican Grill.
In 'n Out is also its own company
Hardee's and Carl's Jr are the same
McDonald's bought out Roy Rogers and Chipotle

And right about now I would kill for a Krispy Kreme doughnut
I've never been a fan of Krispy Kreme, they just taste funny to me though I'm not much for a doughnuts anyway. I'll just keep my diced fruit and granola bars for breakfast!

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 31 Jan 2006 08:58

bligityblah wrote:I've never been a fan of Krispy Kreme, they just taste funny to me though I'm not much for a doughnuts anyway.  I'll just keep my diced fruit and granola bars for breakfast!
Bligs, you gotta get them right when they're fresh out of whatever magical device creates them. Hang outside a Krispy Kreme and wait for the "Hot" light to flash and you'll get 'em nice and fresh.

If you can't get it fresh out of the boiling vat of fat, try shoving one in the microwave for about 8 seconds.

Diced fruit and granola bars for breakfast?! HA! I bet I'll die first! I'm a winner!

Wait a second...

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 31 Jan 2006 10:05

I was not impressed by Krispy Kremes. They gave me headaches. I prefer Shipleys donuts.

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 31 Jan 2006 10:33

bligityblah wrote:I'll just keep being a fruit and weighing 110 pounds!

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 31 Jan 2006 11:29

BlackMage wrote:I was not impressed by Krispy Kremes. They gave me headaches. I prefer Shipleys donuts.

What's a Shipley donut? Or what's a Shipleys?

We have Tim Hortons here in Toronto. Very popular. I'm a big fan of the Krispy Kremes but only when they're fresh off the rolling oven thing Puzzlehead mentioned. For anything other than original glazed I prefer Tim Hortons.
I'll just keep my diced fruit and granola bars for breakfast!
Do you keep those in your purse next to your tampons?

bligityblah

Post by bligityblah » 31 Jan 2006 11:59

puzzlehead wrote:Bligs, you gotta get them right when they're fresh out of whatever magical device creates them.  Hang outside a Krispy Kreme and wait for the "Hot" light to flash and you'll get 'em nice and fresh.

If you can't get it fresh out of the boiling vat of fat, try shoving one in the microwave for about 8 seconds.

Diced fruit and granola bars for breakfast?! HA! I bet I'll die first! I'm a winner!

Wait a second...
I've had them right off the conveyor, they taste gritty to me. I just don't like them.
steampunk wrote:
bligityblah wrote:I'll just keep being a fruit and weighing 110 pounds!
USTFUN00BKTHNX!
Eamon Angelface wrote:Do you keep those in your purse next to your tampons?
Yeah, remember those cookie cutter insults? You're not still not getting the point. Next time you're in Florida you should head to KSC so you can volunteer yourself for Dark Matter studies.

So much for not talking when you weren't being made fun of, even so, you're still a post or two behind there herky. It's ok, they give you those special plates for a reason.

Pah-teh-tick

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 31 Jan 2006 12:45

Yeah, remember those cookie cutter insults?  You're not still not getting the point.  Next time you're in Florida you should head to KSC so you can volunteer yourself for Dark Matter studies.

So much for not talking when you weren't being made fun of, even so, you're still a post or two behind there herky.  It's ok, they give you those special plates for a reason.

Pah-teh-tick
Ha. I slaughter you.

:omfg: check <a href='http://www.secretdonutrecipe.com/' target='_blank'>this shit out.</a>

If anyone finds that posted anywhere that'd be cool.
Last edited by Eamon Angelface on 31 Jan 2006 12:49, edited 1 time in total.

grey_fox24

Post by grey_fox24 » 31 Jan 2006 15:00

Damnnit, just when I thought I had this threadjacked.

P.S. I haven't had shipley's donughts since I lived in Augusta. I think I liked em. I was a little kid at the time.

puzzlehead

Post by puzzlehead » 31 Jan 2006 15:17

Never had a Shipleys and, even though I've seen Tim Horton's I've never been to one. And I can understand the Krispy Kreme tasting gritty thing. Sometimes they do tend to have a metallic taste. Mmmm...lead poisoning.

I've never been to an In n' Out, although I'd like to. I think the recent (Feb 2006) issue of Maxim has a picture of a 100 pattie burger that some fools decided that they would try to eat.

On another note, I just tried the new Pizza Hut cheesy bites pizza. I think I'm going to get sick again. Essentially it is a stuffed crust pizza but the crust is cut into 'bite sized nuggets'. Not bad until you realize they over season it with some garlic crap.

Personally, I'm more of a fan of smaller pizzarias. Out around my neck of the woods there is a place called Emilio's that has an excellent thin crust, brick oven baked pizza. Yum! Screw you, Pizza Hut. Screw you, Dominos.

Clarissa

Post by Clarissa » 31 Jan 2006 15:25

I miss Baskin Robbins, Dunkin Donuts and Little Ceasars.

We have Whiteys Icecream (Its Iowa. Even our icecream stores are racist).
The carrot cake icecream is better than sex.

Phife

Post by Phife » 31 Jan 2006 15:26

Shipley's aren't half as good as KK.

And Jack and Jill doughnuts are better than Shipley's too.

But Krystal's sucks and I didn't mean to imply that Hardee's and JitB were the same company...I meant to imply that they equally suck.

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » 31 Jan 2006 17:58

You know Australia is trying to be the next state added to the USA when they start opening Krispy Kremes over here.

It's bad enough watching Jared on the Subway ads.

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 31 Jan 2006 18:53

<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>I don't like doughnuts. Too much sugar.</span></span>