WHADIHAd

AngelBaby

Post by AngelBaby » 19 Jan 2006 12:04

JustSumDude wrote:
gulliver wrote:If cats always land on their feet and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if they collided in mid-air?
<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>Neither of these myths are true, so I don't really see the point in answering the question.</span></span>
<span style='color:blue'>If you don't know the answer, don't be ashamed to just say so. <_< </span>

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 19 Jan 2006 22:30

AngelBaby has a doctorate in lubricated pussy! :drool:

Now, where did I put that Last Tango in Paris DVD...

Notorious

Post by Notorious » 21 Jan 2006 05:12

WHADIHAd, Why.
What? Are you fucking retarded?

grey_fox24

Post by grey_fox24 » 23 Jan 2006 18:06

AngelBaby wrote:<span style='color:blue'>What would happen if you attach a buttered piece of bread, butter-side up to a cat's back? Even if you are too lazy (or justifiably terrified) to do the experiment yourself, you should be able to deduce the obvious result. The laws of butterology demand that the butter must hit the ground, and the equally strict laws of feline aerodynamics demand that the cat can not smash its furry back. If the combined construct were to land, nature would have no way to resolve this paradox and the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Therefore it simply does not fall.

Congrats, you have discovered the secret of antigravity! A buttered toast cat will, when released, fall to a height where the forces of cat-twisting and butter repulsion are in equilibrium. This equilibrium point can be modified by scraping off some of the butter, providing lift, or removing some of the cat's limbs, allowing descent.

Most of the more advanced species of the galaxy already use this principle to drive their starships while within a planetary system. The loud humming heard by most sighters of UFOs is, in fact, the purring of several hundred tabbies.</span>
I'm slightly concerned why the method to descend is to remove kitty limbs...instead of say.... adding butter?

Phife

Post by Phife » 23 Jan 2006 18:24

grey_fox24 wrote:
AngelBaby wrote:<span style='color:blue'>What would happen if you attach a buttered piece of bread, butter-side up to a cat's back? Even if you are too lazy (or justifiably terrified) to do the experiment yourself, you should be able to deduce the obvious result. The laws of butterology demand that the butter must hit the ground, and the equally strict laws of feline aerodynamics demand that the cat can not smash its furry back. If the combined construct were to land, nature would have no way to resolve this paradox and the universe as we know it would cease to exist. Therefore it simply does not fall.

Congrats, you have discovered the secret of antigravity! A buttered toast cat will, when released, fall to a height where the forces of cat-twisting and butter repulsion are in equilibrium. This equilibrium point can be modified by scraping off some of the butter, providing lift, or removing some of the cat's limbs, allowing descent.

Most of the more advanced species of the galaxy already use this principle to drive their starships while within a planetary system. The loud humming heard by most sighters of UFOs is, in fact, the purring of several hundred tabbies.</span>
I'm slightly concerned why the method to descend is to remove kitty limbs...instead of say.... adding butter?
That was my concern too.

Oh well...it's just a cat. At least it's not a dog!

steampunk

Post by steampunk » 24 Jan 2006 22:25

Buttering Helena?