Intelligent Design

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 10 Nov 2005 21:36

Oh fantastic. I mean bloody hell.

Why not propose that since life had to be planned by something superior in sentience and intelligence then we were all created by aliens? I mean it HAS just about as much leeway in between the scientific evidence to propose THAT as to propose some Higher power or lets just call it what the good old CCC want us to conclude by ourselves... God.

TEACH THE CONTROVERSY...what a crock.

I'm all for objective learning but if we are going to flag everything with an addendum saying "But we can't prove this to 100% certainty, so don't rule out God" then basically books are going to be a lot heavier and kids are going to get off thesis playing hockey with the good old "BUT" card.

What is ironic is that we utilize the same logic in the Intelligent Design argument to trace back the origins of the "Intelligent Design theory" perpetuators they all tie back to funding from religious Christian organizations.

Between the Vatican and the Bible Belt, is there any wonder why some people just feel like blowing themselves up?

Grammaton_Cleric

Post by Grammaton_Cleric » 11 Nov 2005 03:43

Have you heard of the "Intelligent Falling" Theory yet?

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 11 Nov 2005 06:46

How about Go Go Gadget Boots?

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 11 Nov 2005 09:40

Go-Go Gadget-Copter!

That one was my favorite. ^_^
Last edited by JustSumDude on 31 Jan 2024 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

TheGoodReverend

Post by TheGoodReverend » 11 Nov 2005 20:19

Sometimes, when I'm trying to reach something across the room, I will hold out my hands and say "Go-go gadget arms!"

It worked once, I swear.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 11 Nov 2005 21:07

Lie! It was God.

Your gadget arms were of Intelligent Design...

Like my pen*s.

TheGoodReverend

Post by TheGoodReverend » 11 Nov 2005 23:16

<a href='http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story. ... 56.photo00' target='_blank'>Look out, here comes God's wrath!</a>

No Intelligent Designer would have given the world Pat Robertson. His existence can only be explained as the unhappy byproduct of random variation. Luckily, we can take heart in knowing that his insanity, since it is biologically inefficient, will be selected against as evolution moves forward.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 11 Nov 2005 23:36

I saw him on the news yesterday. I guess God likes stupid people. He made a ton of them.

TEACH THE CONTROVERS...

SUCK MY COCK!

Fact is, after the Christians been harping on Faith all these years, they feel it still necessary to still take a shit in Darwin's back yard.

That's not kosher. Not kosher at all.

Jesus-ians don't play fair at all.
Last edited by UncleMao on 11 Nov 2005 23:38, edited 1 time in total.

lswalker

Post by lswalker » 11 Nov 2005 23:37

<a href='http://65.36.225.227/images/trading-spouses-hi.wmv' target='_blank'>and I thought this was God's wrath</a> Did she say dork sided?
Last edited by lswalker on 11 Nov 2005 23:40, edited 1 time in total.

The DeAdLy SuPeRMaN

Post by The DeAdLy SuPeRMaN » 18 Nov 2005 12:50

I don't know if anyone else has ever realized this, but Pat Robertson is an idiot.

Profound, I know.

But seriously, I'm tired of of religious people not shutting the hell up. I'm tired of everyone not shutting the hell up. Why do some people, like Pat Robertson, feel the need to inject themselves into everything?

Just because you BELIEVE in god, doesn't mean you ARE god. I think someone needs to remind Pat Robertson of that.

"Intelligent Design". How stupid.

This is how science class would be like: "Oh, yeah, and some people don't believe in the theory of evolution, which is backed by evidence and scientific studies. Some people believe in the "guy with beard makes pretty shapes with clay" theory, which is also as valid as real science. Somehow."

P.S. lswalker, that video made me laugh so hard. That bitch is crazy. My favorite part is the end.
Last edited by The DeAdLy SuPeRMaN on 18 Nov 2005 13:04, edited 1 time in total.

badbart

Post by badbart » 19 Nov 2005 06:00

lswalker wrote:<a href='http://65.36.225.227/images/trading-spouses-hi.wmv' target='_blank'>and I thought this was God's wrath</a> Did she say dork sided?
Praise Jesus!

There's another warrior for Jesus out there! Hallelujah! Beware the Dork side!

It's always the kids that suffer under the tyrannical hand of the religious right. The kids and the spouses. The kids, the spouses and the cameramen. Okay, so everybody suffers.

Damn religious freaks.

rustedwings

Post by rustedwings » 04 Dec 2005 05:37

As far as intelligent design goes I think the problem is that they're only teaching one version of it.

I would just feel better if they gave equal time to <a href='http://www.venganza.org/' target='_blank'>other theories of ID</a>...

eve

Post by eve » 15 Jan 2006 10:16

What I do not understand clearly is that we live in a time where we can not get kids to stop woofing down Big Macs long enough to teach them something about life. Why try to teach them about the beginning of creation?

In school the creation theories change quicker than political and fashion trends. Darwin? Been there, done that. Big Bang? Maybe a little too much boom. Intelligent Creation? Hot hot hot! People asking about the beginning of creation and mankind are the same people asking the age-old unanswerables like... why is there starvation? why is there stupidity? Why are there so many homo comments on the forum?

Why kind of edjumucation is that, where children and young adults are grasping for real answers but taught only on whatever current creation-theory is circulating among the "scientific industry of answers to everything relevent or not"? If they can not teach facts, why teach anything at all?

rick

Post by rick » 15 Jan 2006 23:15

I blame capitalism. And Grimace.

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 16 Jan 2006 10:00

rick wrote:I blame capitalism.  And Grimace.
Damn that Grimace.

The idea of intelligent design just seems a bit far-fetched to me. But then again, I am dumb… so maybe there really is a magical invisible man (or woman?) who makes stuff exist. *shrug*
Last edited by JustSumDude on 31 Jan 2024 21:29, edited 2 times in total.