i'm new!

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 03 May 2006 03:07

<span style='color:maroon'>They could make Jack Bauer the bad guy come next season.

They could do some cross overs with other shows, like Grey's Anatomy, or One Tree Hill or something.

I'd watch,

if I ever watched either of those ever.</span>

rick

Post by rick » 03 May 2006 06:51

Smash wrote:Rick- Prison Break is about the epitome of crap tv to me.  Well, ok, reality shows are the crappiest of the crap.  But an entire season laid out intentionally to not have ANYTHING happen except in the final hours?  Oh wait...that's 24?!?!?  At least 24 kills off regulars every season.  Ever notice that every acting director of CTU bites it every season?  Bye bye Bill Buchanan.
They killed the hobbit earlier so that Bill could live. Though this season, that is still no guarantee!

As for Prison Break -- if all you care for is the escape, than sure I see your point. For me, I was more intrigued with the whole elaborate (yes, and unplausible... but I watch 24 faithfully, not to mention Alias, Smallville and LOST -- so I've busted that cherry enough times not to care) scenerio of going to prison JUST to break out. I think the writers didn't expect it to get picked up so once it did, they had to come up with a fair amount of filler to drag it out over the season (hence the Daddy character, amongst other things). There isn't exactly a lot of good new dramas this year (The Unit is probably the best of the bunch thus far), and I'm constantly entertained by Prison Break, so in my books it is all good.

In other news, this thread is like one big orgy chat, eh? Huh.

2wenty6ix

Post by 2wenty6ix » 06 May 2006 10:13

at least my thread had proper english and didn't use the word "nedd"

inplainview

Post by inplainview » 06 May 2006 12:51

gulliver wrote:Horseradish.
kumquat

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 10 May 2006 07:32

rick wrote:
Smash wrote:Rick- Prison Break is about the epitome of crap tv to me.  Well, ok, reality shows are the crappiest of the crap.  But an entire season laid out intentionally to not have ANYTHING happen except in the final hours?  Oh wait...that's 24?!?!?  At least 24 kills off regulars every season.  Ever notice that every acting director of CTU bites it every season?  Bye bye Bill Buchanan.
They killed the hobbit earlier so that Bill could live. Though this season, that is still no guarantee!

As for Prison Break -- if all you care for is the escape, than sure I see your point. For me, I was more intrigued with the whole elaborate (yes, and unplausible... but I watch 24 faithfully, not to mention Alias, Smallville and LOST -- so I've busted that cherry enough times not to care) scenerio of going to prison JUST to break out. I think the writers didn't expect it to get picked up so once it did, they had to come up with a fair amount of filler to drag it out over the season
I don't think they'd spend millions upon millions without knowing exactly what they were doing before hand.

It's about much more than the break out though that of course the most important part. There's the whole world outside the prison that is regularly featured and will be the focus of season 2.

I think 24 became a running joke a long time ago. I can't stand it now, it's like Die Hard part 7. I mean how much shit can happen in one guy's life?

Prison Break is better than 24 IMO.

I wish The Sopranos had been better. This season is like the worst yet.

UncleMao

Post by UncleMao » 12 May 2006 12:34

burp.

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 12 May 2006 15:49

UncleMao wrote:burp.
<span style='font-family:tahoma'><span style='color:green'>Excellent.</span></span>

Smash

Post by Smash » 12 May 2006 20:32

Eamon Angelface wrote:
rick wrote:

As for Prison Break -- if all you care for is the escape, than sure I see your point. For me, I was more intrigued with the whole elaborate (yes, and unplausible... but I watch 24 faithfully, not to mention Alias, Smallville and LOST -- so I've busted that cherry enough times not to care) scenerio of going to prison JUST to break out. I think the writers didn't expect it to get picked up so once it did, they had to come up with a fair amount of filler to drag it out over the season
I don't think they'd spend millions upon millions without knowing exactly what they were doing before hand.

It's about much more than the break out though that of course the most important part. There's the whole world outside the prison that is regularly featured and will be the focus of season 2.

I think 24 became a running joke a long time ago. I can't stand it now, it's like Die Hard part 7. I mean how much shit can happen in one guy's life?

Actually, Rick is likely right. The way they develop most shows is by selling the studios on a season 'arc'. Not an entirely scripted out concept. Also, traditionally, most shows shoot a pilot which, if it gets picked up, greenlights them to develop the rest of the season's arc, again not the whole season.

Onto your 24 is worse than Prison Break debate. They both are steaming piles of poo that you can't help but try and look at and figure out. But one's loaded with peanuts, the other corn.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 12 May 2006 20:42

So is there going to be a Season 2 of Prison Break?

rick

Post by rick » 13 May 2006 10:35

Yes. Likely subtitled, as they've already appended "The Escape" to the last several episodes.

Something akin to "Prison Break: On The Run" ... but I don't do TV marketing (Thank God).

2wenty6ix

Post by 2wenty6ix » 14 May 2006 02:04

how 'bout we get back to how much i rule?

i nedd to hear it.

Eamon Angelface

Post by Eamon Angelface » 14 May 2006 08:29

Smash wrote:
Eamon Angelface wrote:
rick wrote: They killed the hobbit earlier so that Bill could live. Though this season, that is still no guarantee!

Actually, Rick is likely right. The way they develop most shows is by selling the studios on a season 'arc'. Not an entirely scripted out concept. Also, traditionally, most shows shoot a pilot which, if it gets picked up, greenlights them to develop the rest of the season's arc, again not the whole season.

Onto your 24 is worse than Prison Break debate. They both are steaming piles of poo that you can't help but try and look at and figure out. But one's loaded with peanuts, the other corn.

A concept is pitched to a production company who hopefully has an existing relationship with a studio. If everything comes together then the project is funded. No one ever gets funding without every t crossed and i dotted. The shows usually have what is called a 'bible' made up that outlines every character complete with back story. Almost always actually (I've never seen anything go through without one). Different studios have different methods. Fox very well may have let it shoot based on the strength of Brett Ratfaces reputation and own relationships. Point being the initial pitch would have been followed by everyones completely obvious, yet somehow everyone thinks they're personally especially intuitive for seeing it, flaw of what else can happen and what happens next.

The textbook procedure is a loose guideline that would be great to follow but never is.

On the subject of the name: I know the idea of punctuating the title with some other identifying slogan such as 'on the run' or 'beyond the walls' but last I heard the show had gained enough noteriety that they were going to just stick with plain old Prison Break.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 14 May 2006 19:26

So I suppose Season 2 of Prison Break will be trying to prove the brother is innocent. They'll most likely have some run in with the feds and the people who set his brother up. They'll kidnap his girl. And then at the end of Season 2 they'll get the evidence to prove he didn't do the crime... Although, technically speaking, they did commit the crime of breaking out of prison, setting prisoners free, and resisting arrest. So... do they go back to jail for that? Season 3?

Smash

Post by Smash » 14 May 2006 19:58

Nope. My prediction is Linc will have to free Michael who gets caught.

BlackMage

Post by BlackMage » 14 May 2006 23:47

Hmm....that does seem more likely. Ya know.. its funny seeing Dracula in Prison.. *and he did a guest spot on House*